7 weeks in how many calories per day?

Options
bchihi
bchihi Posts: 5 Member
I was only getting 500-700 calories per day until I read that even at 900 calories you body will go into survival mode and store fat. Anyone out there have experience or advice? Im now taking in 900-1000 but I feel scared to eat more.

Replies

• kathydraperfitness
    kathydraperfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are different now with the updated digestive system. one of the keys is to get in your protein from high quality sources. Your body needs the amino acids in protein to prevent the loss of muscle. Remember Protein first, then veggies, then carbs At 7 weeks out you have still got lots of body fat to lose for fuel but that protein is critical.
  • Ariann555
    Ariann555 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 12 weeks and am lucky to get in 500 day
  • lauriekleven
    lauriekleven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on July 6th. My surgery is a little different. They only took half of my stomach and 6 inches of my intestine. Although it is considered gastric bypass it was done for other reasons than weight loss but I would be considered overweight. I have lost 35 lbs so far and have another 35 to go. I read on a gastric bypass web site that you should consume 800 calories after surgery during the weight loss phase. 1000 to 1200 calories to maintain the weight loss.
  • rjohnstoncarder
    rjohnstoncarder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This all sounds so scary. I am going for my first appointment with my bariatric team on 6th.
  • BarbaraR5563
    BarbaraR5563 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had the Reux en Y in 2003. I am 5ft tall. I weighed 321 lbs. It was a long journey but 12 years later I am 108 lbs and healthy. Oh, I had my share of wasting, trial and error, behavioral disciplining with eating/life, and counseling and in about 2005 the road got smoother. If I had to do it over again, I would. It was and is a good tool for people that come from obesity in family background and bad health history. I also believe it isn't for everyone. I support those that have had it and those thinking of having it. Congratulations on those that have successfully made it through the surgery! Good luck to those in the process. It's so worth it. :)
  • missing1angelfromindy
    Options
    I had my surgery 3-7-2016, my Dr is more into making sure we get 80g of protein daily. They give you a list of diet progressive foods you can choose from but, when I get my protein in and try to eat off their diet, my weight loss isn't there. I've lost 25 pounds since surgery but, talking with others I feel like I should be losing more. Also, I tend to vomit new foods . That epigastric pain hurts so I feel like I should stick more with my protein shakes but, I feel hungry. What am I doing wrong?
  • KitWal5
    KitWal5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still on here?
    Getting ready to have surgery the end of June. Bypass and gastric sleeve. Not DS. Am excited about getting rid of my diabetes!! I'm only 5 feet and weigh 236 # so I have a lot to lose.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I just had gastric bypass on April 18th...physically I feel okay but have struggled with food. I know I am supposed to stick to protein but the shakes are too sweet for me now, and meat has been tough (my doctor allows soft stages weeks 3&4 and "regular" foods starting week 5).

I have found that I am okay with cheeses - but there is just so much cheese a person can eat. I added organic, natural sunflower seed butter to cream of wheat for a protein kick. I think I am going to do the same with oatmeal tomorrow.

Good luck with surgery - I lost 9 lbs so far..3 weeks post op. I had to do the pre-op medically supervised plan and am down 45.6 lbs!
  • rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had bypass May 17, and with Pre-Op diet and surgery, I have lost 54 lbs. (70 more to go.)
    I get in about 600 cals a day and have no problem getting full 90 grams of protein and 72oz liquids a day.
    I did have a revision from VBG I had 20 years ago, due to the VBG complications and issues, and think this also makes my pouch less sensitive.
    I go to regular food Monday and will see how that goes, but I am very positive.
  • lauriekleven
    lauriekleven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have found a wonderful protein shake called Unjury. You have to order it online but it is the only one I can tolerate and like. They have a chicken soup flavor which is wonderful. Just thought I would share since it has taken me 18 months since surgery to find it.