Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm here!
  • littlebarry
    littlebarry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Worked out 60 min with trainer. 3rd day of sloshing about.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Can someone please enter 31 minutes for me for today? I can't do it on my phone. Thanks!

I thought we got the points the meet and greet once we had tried to friend everyone. I haven't checked to see if everyone accepted or not
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    I just checked, I'm just missing fieldnicole
  • Meowler
    Meowler Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's done - let's vow never to do Zumba again! I can thank my stars that I am home alone as I swear I was just flailing half the time. I'm just not made for dancing. :D
  • Meowler
    Options
    @Mrscanmore I've added in your 31 minutes for today. :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi Team...we are still in 1st place with total points this morning HOWEVER, Team 1 & Team 4 are beating us in total miles. So our lead right now comes from the challenge points we accrued so far.

So if you haven't Zumba'd yet, be sure & get that in before week's end. It's only 30 minutes!

I didn't get as many minutes yesterday as I had hoped because instead of doing yoga yesterday afternoon I took my daughter to the pool (the right decision) and then I didn't do it after she went to bed because I got sucked into Real Housewives of New York (questionable decision). At least I got my run in earlier :)

Today's a new day and I'm hitting the gym after work so hope to add over 60 minutes to the spreadsheet tonight. Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • iheartcookies2
    iheartcookies2 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi Team...we are still in 1st place with total points this morning HOWEVER, Team 1 & Team 4 are beating us in total miles. So our lead right now comes from the challenge points we accrued so far.

So if you haven't Zumba'd yet, be sure & get that in before week's end. It's only 30 minutes!

I didn't get as many minutes yesterday as I had hoped because instead of doing yoga yesterday afternoon I took my daughter to the pool (the right decision) and then I didn't do it after she went to bed because I got sucked into Real Housewives of New York (questionable decision). At least I got my run in earlier :)

Today's a new day and I'm hitting the gym after work so hope to add over 60 minutes to the spreadsheet tonight. Have a great Thursday everyone!

I put in 60 minutes I did so far. I still have 2 zumba videos left to suffer through :bigsmile:
    Tomorrow is a day off in Sweden due to celebration of Midsummer so I will have some extra time to work out. :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    FYI...there is chatter on some of the other team threads that they are counting activities like gardening and house cleaning as exercise minutes. So keep in mind things like that when adding in your daily minutes. I wouldn't have really thought that but if the other teams are doing it then why not? The moderators also responding about the friend request points...as long as you have posted an introduction & sent all of your friend requests you can claim the points.
  • iheartcookies2
    Options
    FYI...there is chatter on some of the other team threads that they are counting activities like gardening and house cleaning as exercise minutes. So keep in mind things like that when adding in your daily minutes. I wouldn't have really thought that but if the other teams are doing it then why not? The moderators also responding about the friend request points...as long as you have posted an introduction & sent all of your friend requests you can claim the points.

Gardening and cleaning? :confused: That feels wrong to me. I mean that's part of an usual week routine for most people . If you never do it then maybe it could be counted as exercise. Sorry for the rant, but I just got a little bit confused. My minutes are the ones that I do in gym, and the ones that I spend on my stationary bike in the mornings.
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yeah the gardening and like mowing the yard I could see because that's not in my daily usual routine. And as hot as it here in Arkansas...you get a workout just by mowing and weedeating. But my cleaning..eh that's what I do every day/week.
    I guess take it by personal judgment what you feel is above and beyond your usual routine?
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    I feel the same way. I don't even count my bike to work and back because first of all, it is pretty short, and second, I do it every day. I count y running and walking and zumba minutes and anything else I do :smile: i only have 2 zumba videos left. My laptop wasn't working last night, so I used my phone. I think I had a lot of my own moves :smile:
  • Meowler
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well if that's the case maybe I should skip my walk and spend some time cleaning around the house instead! I agree that its wrong - I'll put forward a question to confirm whether this is the case and what is acceptable i.e. cleaning (small or deep clean), gardening (maintenance/weeding or overhaul).

@highlandshoppa Could you refer me to where you saw the cleaning?

On a side note, I don't suppose anyone has any guilty pleasures they wish to share (so I feel less guilty, haha)? I had three pieces of chocolate instead of two and I'm feeling a little disappointed in myself. Have been very good otherwise!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Meowler wrote: »
    Well if that's the case maybe I should skip my walk and spend some time cleaning around the house instead! I agree that its wrong - I'll put forward a question to confirm whether this is the case and what is acceptable i.e. cleaning (small or deep clean), gardening (maintenance/weeding or overhaul).

On a side note, I don't suppose anyone has any guilty pleasures they wish to share (so I feel less guilty, haha)? I had three pieces of chocolate instead of two and I'm feeling a little disappointed in myself. Have been very good otherwise!

Well, I don't know if this counts, but I love Taco Bell. And today I had tacos there. I ordered them Fresco style, which helps a little, but I got three instead of two :(. They were good, though!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options

Gardening and cleaning? :confused: That feels wrong to me. I mean that's part of an usual week routine for most people . If you never do it then maybe it could be counted as exercise. Sorry for the rant, but I just got a little bit confused. My minutes are the ones that I do in gym, and the ones that I spend on my stationary bike in the mornings.

It seems wrong to me too!

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

@Meowler - the yardwork question was asked and answered on the main Q&A thread - the first question I think.

Guilty pleasures... I do log everything so I don't usually feel too guilty when I make small indulgences. I usually keep my M&M jar full and have a handful at work. If I've been a fairly good boy with my food choices during the day the I will sometimes indulge in a serving or two of some Peanut Butter Party ice cream in the evening. :) I don't go crazy with it and I just know that I wouldn't have been able to stick with this weight loss journey without some guilty pleasures now and again.
  • Mjtckwnow
    edited June 2016
    Options

@highlandshoppa Could you refer me to where you saw the cleaning?quote]

On Team 3's thread from today "Please remember everything counts as minutes if it's outside a person's normal routine. Even though you walk your dog 20 minutes every day, that's not in everyone's normal routine so you can count it! Cleaning, gardening, etc. all count, anything you do that gets you active."

• Meowler
    Options
    @rusgolden Thanks for letting me know and @highlandshoppa for sharing. I'll just query the cleaning then - might depend on the intensity of it.

Glad I'm not the only one with a few guilty pleasures! It's good to have in moderation or like you've said it would be difficult to stay on track. @Dnarules I honestly can't blame you. We don't have anything like that where I am and I would love to experience some of these places should I ever have the chance to visit the states!

• iheartcookies2
    Options
    @Meowler I ate Pringles tonight. :D Now the tube is staring at me calling my name :bigsmile:
  • Jaeek
    Jaeek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I only count exercise that isn't part of my everyday life. I want to get fitter and that's not going to happen just doing what I already do.

@Meowler Zumba = flailing is exactly right! I was surprised by how difficult I found it when I thought I was reasonably coordinated