06/23 Thursday Day 406

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Morning, Everyone! Today we are going to broaden our horizons a bit.

Today's Challenge: Get out there and try something new!

You could go to a new restaurant of try a new exercise. Just get out there and try something new!

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    We're having a cookout at work, but that isn't something new. We did it last year too. I'll try to think of something, before the day is over.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I accidentally did this challenge yesterday. :) But I will find a new thing for today as well.

Like a lot of people at work, I have dual monitors. I don't use my second monitor too often, but it's handy when I need to move documents out of the way or do comparisons between spreadsheets. Among other things that I do at work, I process a lot of Earth science data.

Yesterday, I decided to use my second monitor to transport me to a faraway place. So I went to London! I fixed my second monitor on London's Tower Bridge which has a terrific WebCam that continuously streams data and you see movement in real time. I learned that the Tower Bridge gets raised for vessels that have a mast exceeding a certain height. Vessels have to give the bridge at least 24 hours notice and the Bridge posts their lift schedules on their website. Yesterday, they had at least six bridge raisings, today there are none.

There was enough movement from the Tower Bridge to make it interesting to look at and take an occasional break from my data, but not enough to make it distracting. I I found a second interesting WebCam fixed on Abbey Road at the crosswalk the Beatles made famous. That was great too but too much movement and too distracting for work. But a good break view!

Today I feel like going down under so I will be gazing at the harbor overlooking the Sydney Opera House.

For anyone who might be interested, Earth Cam has a terrific collection of global WebCams. Some transmit images continuously, while others transmit images every 60 seconds or so.

Have a great day!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,807 Member
    Options
    @the medalist, what a great idea! It is like opening a window or "Charm’d magic casements, opening on the foam /Of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn." The IT guy at work posts a beautiful nature pic each day as the desktop on our staff computers. I love it!

Hmmm, now what shall I do that is new today? I have a big batch cooking day planned after I get home from the gym. Maybe I'll try a new exercise before I head out.

Enjoy you day! :)

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,807 Member
    Options
    Did a hip flexor stretch which is supposed too be a good warm-up for dancing.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Washed my SUV and actually dried it off. Good arm workout!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Did some conversions from Australian dollars to US dollars for a clients tax return. Interesting, and a challenge to find the correct rates back to 2009.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just found this group and joined it!

My something new is that I went out and test drove some Dodge Chargers. I was so excited. It's my dream car and I have always wanted to try. So I did it!
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wow, you all had a lot more exciting things than mine! My new thing was going to bridal shops and wearing dresses. My friend just got engaged and refused to wear a dress unless I was on one too! I think she just wanted to see me in a dress since I never wear them.