Replaced my old fit bit - new one won't sync to MFP?

Options
jayjay_90
jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
Hey guys, so pretty much exactly what the title says... My old fit bit died on me, and they sent me a replacement, which as far as I can tell works perfectly fine however when I try to sync it to MFP it doesn't seem to want to work. I don't get an error or anything, it just doesn't update my steps on here to reflect the for bit? Not sure where I'm going wrong since I took the same steps as with the first one. I tried disconnecting the app on apps & devices and that didn't help either. Any help is appreciated because I've really grown to rely on these two working together!!

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with mine, and I've had it for over a year. A few other MFP users are having the same problem.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Do you have "track steps" ticked from your home page?
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Do you have "track steps" ticked from your home page?

Ahhhhhhh, I didn't see there is a separate 'Steps' category on the mobile app! I've ticked that now, and it is working. Thank you for the tip!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Yay I'm glad it was a simple fix. Some people have to jump through hoops 10 times backwards to get their trackers to sync :tongue:
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    How do you set MFP to show steps? I haven't seen it do that yet.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    How do you set MFP to show steps? I haven't seen it do that yet.

Go into the app, click on the menu and scroll down to steps. this is how it works for Android phones, not sure if it's the same for IOS users.
  • Christine_72
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This is a screenshot of what it looks like.

n1nddgcmwgud.png

Sometimes it randomly switches to "don't track steps", which will mean no syncing between mfp and fitbit.
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I've been having this exact same problem for WEEKS and this tip FINALLY solved the problem!!! Thanks so much!!!