Does fitbit ever offer you a credit when replacing a product?

Options
MTDDS18
MTDDS18 Posts: 62 Member
Hey all!

My ChargeHR's band is starting to bubble up and peel away from the display. My band is still under warranty and this is the first issue I've had to address from fitbit, so I'm pretty sure they will offer me a replacement.

My question is, the Blaze came out a month or 2 after I got my ChargeHR and I was having fitbit regret. Has anyone ever asked for a credit for the value of the replacement fitbit to go towards a upgrade? I don't want them to think I am purposefully breaking my fitbit in order to get an upgrade, but if given the option I would of course prefer to upgrade to the Blaze and am more than willing to pay the difference.

Replies

• cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I had trouble with my charge months ago, and no that was not an option. they would only replace with the same product.
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yep, they only replace the same product and color. No credit toward an upgrade or anything.
  • magisy
    magisy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My Charge HR recently broke and I am outside the 1 year warranty period. They offered a 25% discount that can be applied to purchase a new item (I'll likely end up upgrading). I didn't really push to get the discount, so I assumed it was standard practice, however the previous posters now have me questioning. Maybe the difference is that I'm out of warranty?
  • natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I asked for a credit to upgrade my charge when it broke and they said that they can only replace it with the same item. You can choose a different color if it's in stock but that's it. Sorry :/
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My husband lucked out. His Charge was falling apart. (Slate Charge Large). They sent a Charge HR in Black. Oops.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I tried to ask for a DOWNGRADE so I wouldn't have to have a Charge anymore. They wouldn't give me a Flex. After four replaced Charges, I gave up and bought an Alta. Best decision ever.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Justifier wrote: »
    I tried to ask for a DOWNGRADE so I wouldn't have to have a Charge anymore. They wouldn't give me a Flex. After four replaced Charges, I gave up and bought an Alta. Best decision ever.

My charge just broke when I removed it from the charger. I am over the warranty period as well. I feel like the Charge is very poorly made. Do you think the Alta is made any better?4w7vb1z4x5t7.jpg
  • Hope228
    Options
    oops sorry for the big pic. I tried to make it smaller but couldn't.
  • Justifier
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hope228 wrote: »

My charge just broke when I removed it from the charger. I am over the warranty period as well. I feel like the Charge is very poorly made. Do you think the Alta is made any better?

I am loving the Alta. I've had it since April with practically no issues. I love that I can change the band too. I actually bought a new band on Amazon, not because I needed it, but because I liked the different design. It has a traditional buckle clasp instead of the button. I am considering buying a fancier silver bracelet style from Amazon as well.

There are a few things that may be considered cons with the Alta. First, it doesn't track flights of stairs. If that's a feature you need, you might want to consider something else. Some people also say the screen scratches easily. I haven't had a problem with it, but you can find screen protectors for it on Amazon. Finally, the only other issue I've had is with tapping it to view the stats. It's not perfect and sometimes needs multiple taps or re-positioning on my wrist to make it work.

Overall, I'm really happy with it and don't regret the switch at all.

EDIT: here are some links to the bands I found on Amazon. Fancy bands and my current band.

• Hope228
    edited August 2016
    Options

My charge just broke when I removed it from the charger. I am over the warranty period as well. I feel like the Charge is very poorly made. Do you think the Alta is made any better?

I am loving the Alta. I've had it since April with practically no issues. I love that I can change the band too. I actually bought a new band on Amazon, not because I needed it, but because I liked the different design. It has a traditional buckle clasp instead of the button. I am considering buying a fancier silver bracelet style from Amazon as well.

There are a few things that may be considered cons with the Alta. First, it doesn't track flights of stairs. If that's a feature you need, you might want to consider something else. Some people also say the screen scratches easily. I haven't had a problem with it, but you can find screen protectors for it on Amazon. Finally, the only other issue I've had is with tapping it to view the stats. It's not perfect and sometimes needs multiple taps or re-positioning on my wrist to make it work.

Overall, I'm really happy with it and don't regret the switch at all.

EDIT: here are some links to the bands I found on Amazon. Fancy bands and my current band.

Thanks
    ! I really don't care too much about the stairs not being tracked. I just want one that will last longer than 13 months. I know it might not seem like a lot of $ to most, but it is for me.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @Hope228 : Did you call Fitbit to see if they'd replace it even though it's out of warranty? My back is starting to come off like that but hasn't come off all the way yet. I'm really careful now when I disconnect from the charger to keep it from coming off completely. I'm going to call Fitbit and see if they'll replace it (I've had my Charge HR since March 2015) and only if they won't will I have my husband fix it (he can fix anything).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm loving my Alta too, i haven't had any issues.

I'm in the Fitbit-Alta group, and there have been many complaints of people losing theirs , the clasp isn't very secure. I've never had mine come undone, but i bought these little fitbit clasps just incase. $1.99 for 10, a cheap insurance policy.
    I've also heard fitbit will give a 25% off voucher instead of replacing the unit, you can buy whatever model you like.
  • Hope228
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    @Hope228 : Did you call Fitbit to see if they'd replace it even though it's out of warranty? My back is starting to come off like that but hasn't come off all the way yet. I'm really careful now when I disconnect from the charger to keep it from coming off completely. I'm going to call Fitbit and see if they'll replace it (I've had my Charge HR since March 2015) and only if they won't will I have my husband fix it (he can fix anything).

Hi, I did call them and they will not replace it. They said they will give me a 25% discount off of another fitbit product.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options

Hi, I did call them and they will not replace it. They said they will give me a 25% discount off of another fitbit product.

Well, that tells me what I can expect if I call them, then. It sounds like I'll be getting my husband to fix it. I wonder how long that 25% discount is good for. I wouldn't mind a nice discount since I'm thinking I might get myself a new Fitbit for my birthday next year.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've had that issue with my purple Charge HR. It was under warranty, so they sent me an orange HR and just stuck some Gorilla Glue on the purple HR when the replacement showed up as a back up. My sister lost her One and was able to use it just fine the few hours she could stand to wear it.

I've actually started using the purple HR a few weeks ago. Ol' Orangey just stopped working after less than five months, just before my warranty was up! Fitbit sent me a new pink HR that I'm keeping as a backup.
  • Justifier
    Options
    I'm loving my Alta too, i haven't had any issues.

I'm in the Fitbit-Alta group, and there have been many complaints of people losing theirs , the clasp isn't very secure. I've never had mine come undone, but i bought these little fitbit clasps just incase. $1.99 for 10, a cheap insurance policy.
    I've also heard fitbit will give a 25% off voucher instead of replacing the unit, you can buy whatever model you like.

You should check out Amazon for replacement bands. I linked them above. The third party ones are great, inexpensive, and have more secure clasps! I have no worries about losing mine with a traditional buckle clasp.
  • Hope228
    Options

Well, that tells me what I can expect if I call them, then. It sounds like I'll be getting my husband to fix it. I wonder how long that 25% discount is good for. I wouldn't mind a nice discount since I'm thinking I might get myself a new Fitbit for my birthday next year.

I was told discount is 30 days.