Introductions

Options
PBWaffleCakes
PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
Please feel free to post a little about yourself here!

Replies

• Glory2God81
    Glory2God81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Ron. I am a 35 year old native of Washington DC. I currently work in Reston VA. I am currently on a new journey to being healthy. The single event that motivated me to change my lifestyle occurred when my mom, who is only 65 years old, had to get a defibrillator/pacemaker put in to help with pumping functions. Being in a family that inherently suffers from HBP, HC, diabetes, and CHF; I made the decision to change that family curse. I'd like to loose 30+lbs in 6months or less. I am still changing my eating habits but I've already cut out all fried foods and sodas. Now that I'm cooking more at home, I need to find healthy yet inexpensive recipes to for home. I didn't realize healthy living could be so expensive. I don't think that's fair but I'm not going to let that deter me from achieving my goal. Wish me luck! Looking forward to the next 30 days.
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kim and I am a 35 year old married mother of two teens. I work full time and go to college half-time. I am on track to graduate June 2017. Five years ago I lost 50ish pounds and was feeling great, and as life continued to get hectic I then gained 100 pounds. So now I am on the mission to get back down and take care of myself again! Month one back on track has helped me to lose 23 pounds and now on to month two!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My name is Tatajana (Tatiana, German and then my mom gave me an extra A since I am named after my aunt). I'm 24 years old. I am a full time college studying at WGU getting my B.S in Business Management (I have my A.A.S in this) I work as a substitute teacher and paraprofessional. I plan to return to school to become a certified special ed teacher next fall. I started losing weight 1/1/14 after being treated poorly by a guy and having anxiety about dying in my sleep from a heart attack or forming diabetes. I have lost a total of 130 pounds. I have about 20 more pounds to go!
  • almaddox83
    almaddox83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I am April. I live in Georgia. I am a 33 year old new divorced mom of two boys 10 & 13. I am a CNA. I have been on my "right way" weight loss journey for 3 years. I say right way because I have always struggled with an eating disorder. So instead of restricting, purging or use of laxatives I am losing weight the right way. I am 5'1 & as of this morning 129.5! My goal is 115 lbs. I started out as a size 18-20 & currently am a loose size 4. I didn't do measurements at the beginning just pictures. I am so looking forward to this challenge to motivate & support! Good luck to you all. Can't wait to chat with you!
  • jubinahdi
    jubinahdi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, everybody! My name is Jubin, I'm 40 y/o guy from Toronto, I'm immigration consultant, and I suffered from over-eating, no activity, overweight and smoking in the past. From two weeks ago I decided to follow a healthy life and started Canadian diet two weeks ago which resulted in me losing 10-12 lb during past two weeks. I'm quitting smoking, and I need to have a daily activity. My best score was 5 miles a day so 150 miles a month means I have to be awesome 30 days out of 31! It's challenging for me, and I hope that I hit the target with the help from you.
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Bri, I am 22. I had my daughter back in December 2015. I work in an office setting, so it's a desk job. I'm commuting and/or at work 12 hours a day and with my daughter and husband the few hours before bed time, so it's hard to work out, other than my 1 hour lunch walks. My goal for July is to lose 5 lbs because I'd like to fit into my clothes a little better. Throughout my childhood and teen years I was chubby. I ate whatever and whenever I wanted because food was comforting. Having a buffet cafeteria in college didn't help either. So when I moved into my first apartment I started my weightloss journey, September 2013 (age 20), I went from a size 10 (145lbs) to size 4/6 (120lbs). I maintained until I became pregnant in March/April 2015(age 21). I am lucky to have lost all the baby weight through walking, but I don't work out and that means I have a bit more fat on my body that I'd like to get rid of. So overall, I want to lose weight, but wouldn't be upset with staying the same and getting more toned. I am really excited to help motivate and be motivated! Your stories are amazing <3
  • husnur0205
    husnur0205 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Names Husnur, I'm 21 years old from singapore , I'm currently working as a Police officer in the Crime Strike Force division, when I started I use to weight 45kg , I was cheated by my ex for a guy who is 'buffer' than me and was going through depression and I couldn't eat a meal , but one day I just snap and told myself *kitten* this *kitten* , and start going to the gym, I struggle a bit here and there but thanks to the support of my colleagues I manage to bulk up, I'm currently 55.5kg and I'm planning to aim for 65kg,
    I hope to be a supportive friend and go through this challenge with everyone, Let's do this
  • Abi_n_VA
    Abi_n_VA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Abi! I am currently looking for a full-time job, I am an attorney and I also have my MBA. I am happily married to my Husband (his weight-loss is inspiring me to be more serious about my journey)! I messed up my knee a few years ago (doing krav maga, which I really miss!) and quickly put on alot of weight!! I am looking to lose 130 total (nearly 30 lbs down as of this post).
  • Eva_s_123
    Eva_s_123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Eva, previously shaken2010.
    Mother to 3 children, I'm a teacher working full time. I'm normally pretty active, and have almost got to my goal Weight another 8lb to go.
  • mjanaib
    mjanaib Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm Maura I am 39 years old but have an ancient soul. I have been up and down in my weight for years and am excited to have just hit the 100lb loss mark this morning. I have 43 lbs more to go to hit my healthy goal weight. I am excited about this Challange cause we have an awesome leader and it just sounds painfully fun! But when we finish it will feel like a great accomplishment!!! Glad to join all of you in the Challange! Let's rock this thing!!!