Not counting calories burned during exercise?

Options
Ameech846
Ameech846 Posts: 10 Member
I saw there was an article on why not to count the calories burned during exercise, but I didn't get a chance to look at it. Do any of you not log your exercise calories? How's it working for you? Do you increase your daily goal calories then?

Replies

• Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I log and use a vivofit. I didnt eat exercise calories before pregnancy id eat half if i felt i needed to. Now ive increased my daily ammount to 2000 and eat most of my exercise calories :) ive gained 10lbs so far and im 28weeks 2morro. I arent sure what ill do now goin into my 3rd trimester.
  • bestmeicanbe1
    bestmeicanbe1 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat them back before pregnancy because i read myfitnesspal over estimates calories burned but try and eat more than half back to make sure I'm eating enough for the baby now. I'm 24 weeks and only gained 5 lbs so far.
    For the 3rd trimester I heard add 500 calories a day. But I'm having a hard time getting in 2080 calories a day now so I'm not sure how it's going to go.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I used the TDEE method before pregnancy and it accounted for my exercise (I.e I worked out 4x a week and ate 1700 calories a day to maintain my weight). Now I just set my calories to maintain and eat back exercise calories. Even doing this I've gained 33 lbs at 35 weeks! However I was quite slim prior to pregnancy.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm not logging at all...so no point in eating my exercise calories because i might be doing it anyway.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I use a vivofit as well. My calories are set to maintenance, and I only eat my exercise calories if I find that I am actually hungry. And really, because of the whole pregnant thing, if I was truly hungry, I would eat, even if I didn't have wiggle room. When I know I'm hungry and have eliminated all other causes - thirst boredum stress etc - I know it's my body telling me it needs more, and I'm not about to deprive it right now!