C section moms

Options
chevysmommy41
chevysmommy41 Posts: 30 Member
Hey ladies,
I am 6 months Postpartum. My little one gave me quite the time during my delivery (labored for 28 hours and pushed for 2 hours) and eventually it ended in a c section.
HERES MY QUESTION:
I just started trying to work on my core and I'm having a hard time with the muscles behind my incision area. When I try to do exercises like the superman, or leg raises I physically am unable to lift my legs off the ground like I'm paralyzed or something. It's so annoying.
When were you (if at all) able to start using those muscles again? Do they ever come back? Should I keep trying?

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Bump as didn't have a c section sorry but am sure some others can help...
  • stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started working on that area 6 months postpartum after seeing a chiropractor. Bridge pose in yoga was recommended to start, then light barre, then finally leg lifts. The numbness and scar irritation didn't fade until around 16 months (I heal on the slow side) and I started to feel much stronger in that area around then.
  • apowers2552
    apowers2552 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I also had a c section and experienced the same issue. I appreciate the advice.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 c-sections. I think it depends on each person individually. I'm 8 months out from my most recent (and last) c-section and each time I've healed relatively quickly. I can usually get back to walking/light exercise by 4-6 weeks post op and then regular activity by 8-10 weeks out.

I think the way your muscles work is dependent on how your doctor closed you up - but I'm definitely not an expert in that area. Bumping for more advice. Best of luck, ladies! :flowerforyou: