Switched step count devices and now won't re-sync with Fitbit

Options
smiles4jo
smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
Yesterday, my Fitbit battery died midday, so I changed the step counter to my iPhone. Everything worked fine.

Now that my Fitbit is recharged, I want to change the step counter back to it. Doesn't seem to work :(

I've disconnected and re-connected my Fitbit to MFP. I've ensured (multiple times) that the Fitbit box is checked off, instead of iPhone on the Steps screen. I've done all of these things on both my phone and the PC version of MFP. I've tried forcing a close on MFP and Fitbit on my phone and turned off the phone completely and then turned it back on again.

Despite all that, up until around noon today, it was still tracking my iPhone's step count. It is still showing the 6,000 or so steps that I had earned up to that point, but nothing new since then. It's certainly not picking up the 9,000 or so steps I currently have on my Fitbit.

Any ideas?

Replies

• smiles4jo
    Options
  • pjmuise
    pjmuise Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    would adding one more step help? log into fitbit.com go to settings ( gear )upper right-hand corner. Open Settings click applications and revoke access for the iPhone ?

• pjmuise
    Options
    I know all your devices with the exception of the iPhone can be disconnected from MFP with the exception of the iPhone. that's why I suggested revoke access. On the iPhone in settings can the motion processor.
  • smiles4jo
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! It has now stopped counting from my phone completely, but still not syncing with my phone.

Will keep trying. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • pjmuise
    Options
    Oh well ... Probably worth a support ticket. There was a thread had a few possible simple suggestions and mentioned some issues
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10143870/mfp-does-not-count-steps-from-iphone
    Some of these steps seem like clearing the cache
    My link went down two days ago got it running then it quit again. the usual fix or fixes didn't work so I added another step I uninstalled everything, logged out of both MFP and Fitbit and after about ten minutes
    reinstalled and the count started working again
    Good Luck
  • smiles4jo
    Options
    Just thought I'd close the loop on this - It magically started working again this morning! lol Still doesn't have anything for yesterday, but it's keeping track of today's steps, so I guess that's good enough.

Thanks again for all your help!
  • pjmuise
    Options
    Glad it's working