Short doable workouts no equipment necessary

fang19423
fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
Hi All,
I found this online. I don't know how effective it is but I like the idea of a definitive number of exercises and reps that you do that includes rest days. There are not a huge number of reps so it means if you get no other exercise into your day well at least you have spent a few minutes on your fitness. It is meant to be a 6 week program. I am going to start it on Monday 4th July which means it will run until 12th August. I like to focus on the health and fitness side as I believe the weight loss will come if you can improve on these two elements. I would love if some of you would join me and check in here and tell us all how you are doing. So here goes ... Enjoy and be strong.

x8lpuyeo9ky4.png

Ps. I don't believe for one minute that I'll have a body like the illustration but a girl can dream B)

Replies

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    I really like this app and use it everyday - one of the great parts is once you dig into it and learn the poses you can create your own Yoga workout + use your own music!
    http://yogastudioapp.com

My other go-to is the Zombies, Run! App game for running. I'm kinda obsessed with that one....
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Down to try this Mary! I'll start the 4th too! I need to get back to doing anything to make me feel strong again and not lay on the couch all day like I did today!
  • fang19423
    edited July 2016
    Ok. So I have started this . Week 1 Monday and Tuesday done. I didn't get my measurements done though so will do
    That in the morning.

@OregonRunner5 I have not tried your link yet but I will soon. I am still trying to improve my running but I guess slowly slowly does it.

Hope you are all doing well. Have a good week B)
  • fang19423
    edited July 2016
    To keep me accountable I'm reporting that week1 Wednesday done. I have been feeling that ache you get in your abs when you have been working them for the last couple of days ... So even though it only takes between 6 and 8 minutes to do the work outs they are working. I guess they are like little HIT sessions. I am enjoying them. Hope all are well . :D

PS though I am a bit late (day 3) I took my measurements today
  • LucyVan
    LucyVan Posts: 13 Member
    I like the looks of this workout, Mary. I get discouraged when they take up more than 30 minutes so this one is perfect. I think I'll start it on Monday, the 13th. I like your idea of posting my progress as I go. That should help keep me on track!
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    I have not started this like I wanted to, I have stayed busier than usual which is a plus and today I've even kept my food reasonable fingers crossed for the rest of the night!

Don't know why i can't find the energy to just get it done!
  • fang19423
    @LucyVan I think you will enjoy them. Kristin if you can find a few minutes at all they really don't take any more than 8 minutes and sometimes as little as 5 :)

Anyway week 1 Thursday done. My youngest daughter did them with me today. Getting late here so will say good night for now. Enjoy your evening :flowerforyou:
  • fang19423
    Hi All, hope you are all doing well. So I'm into week 2 - Monday and Tuesday done. Feeling good :)