Calorie deficit

Options
talitakumis
talitakumis Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
Using Ornish diet plan and staying under 1000 calories a day. That plus gym is FINALLY dropping weight and inches for me. Post menopause will super glue those pounds!

Replies

• mefatpat2
    mefatpat2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have found that a combination of calorie counting AND really watching sodium has helped a great deal in my weight loss. I have an underactive thyroid too, which in addition to being close to 71 years old make those additional pounds difficult to budge and an added burden on my overall health. Here's to any weight loss/no weight gain :D
  • talitakumis
    talitakumis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 15 pounds away from my goal - the half-way mark. Then I stupidly did a percentage of body fat calculator online. One site puts me in an acceptable range. The other one insulted me! I am not a 25 year old Barbie doll. Need to not worry about percentage of fat, just exercise and eat healthy.
  • abequa2000
    abequa2000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My Dr says 10 poundsover what most sites say is ok
  • mefatpat2
    mefatpat2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Those sites that figure BMI and ideal weight are so full of baloney. You need to consider your age and gender when using them. Most of them work on a "one size fits all" scenario. I think I have finally found one thing that helps with the weight loss - I am watching my sodium intake very carefully and have set a top of 1500 mg per day. This is the recommended amount for someone my age. I miss the pretzels and potato chips sometimes. I don't keep them in the house so I am not tempted.