Looking for some Phentermine friends!

Options
Hi I just got back on MFP and just started taking phentermine on the 4th of Feb. Now I'm looking for some people to go on this journey with!

Replies

• Nireedk
    Nireedk Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey - friend me. Doing the same. First week using it.
  • jennahiggins782015
    Options
    Feel free to add me also!!! I just started back on MFP. I've been on phentermine for about 8 weeks now.
  • brittellen0717
    brittellen0717 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll add you both!
  • hncall01
    hncall01 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just started using Phentermine yesterday, April 21, and would love to have some friends going through the same thing!!
  • traceyinMI
    traceyinMI Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5, if you'd like to add me! I would love to share food diaries & successes!
  • allsage
    allsage Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    First time on phentermine, day two. Starting on half of 37.5 and working up to full dose. I have not used pharmaceutical dieting supplements but was at the point where I realized I needed a little help to get things going this time around. How's everyone doing on it? Feel free to add! I'm trying to be more active on my profile
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    allsage wrote: »
    First time on phentermine, day two. Starting on half of 37.5 and working up to full dose. I have not used pharmaceutical dieting supplements but was at the point where I realized I needed a little help to get things going this time around. How's everyone doing on it? Feel free to add! I'm trying to be more active on my profile

Down 20lbs in a month (I have A LOT to use). I was nervous about it, too, but I really trust my doctor. It's been really empowering to me. I still do the work, but it's a huge help. No side effects except dry mouth and thirst. I can even drink coffee and not get the jitters!

I hope it works out well for you. Sent you a friend request.
  • DinaSitsTooMuch
    DinaSitsTooMuch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started my second month with the phentermine. I am down 18 pounds as of yesterday. Feel free to add me for diary sharing and support!
  • Boise_Mom
    Boise_Mom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some friends. I just started it a week ago, and I have lost 6 pounds. It makes me a bit nervous, so I am trying to do everything to make sure I am prepared for the challenges of being off of it.
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Boise_Mom wrote: »
    I would love to have some friends. I just started it a week ago, and I have lost 6 pounds. It makes me a bit nervous, so I am trying to do everything to make sure I am prepared for the challenges of being off of it.

I had a 6.5lb loss in the first few days. Phen really takes the water out of you, so be careful! I am drinking water constantly! Congrats on your loss so far, and don't worry, you can do this!

Friend request on the way!
  • Boise_Mom
    Options
    I haven't heard that it takes the water out of you. I struggled with drinking water before, but I've definitely done better while on Phen! Usually at least 8 glasses. Good to know! Friend request accepted. Thank you!
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Boise_Mom wrote: »
    I haven't heard that it takes the water out of you. I struggled with drinking water before, but I've definitely done better while on Phen! Usually at least 8 glasses. Good to know! Friend request accepted. Thank you!

Yeah. I found the dry mouth hit a few days in, that was the first clue after the huge initial loss. I had surgery on April 27th and I had to stop drinking water at midnight. I'd been on 24 days at that point. At 8am the next morning I was so dehydrated you could see it in my skin and they had a hard time with my veins!! Nurse said "yeah, Phentermine." I was pretty bad with water, but on Phen I'm at least a cup an hour, sometimes more, and even drinking from my bedside throughout the night!

• asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I am up for some new Phen friends. I do share my diary w/friends & would like to get ideas from others diaries too as I know that I will get bored w/what I am currently eating.

Today is day 4 for me on Phen. So far so good, but I am concerned about the weekend as we usually eat out & I work in a salon so when I do get a chance to eat it's something quick & sometimes I don't get a chance to eat, but I have discovered w/Phen that I have to eat every 2hrs, even if it's just nuts or something or I feel funky. I have back to back appointments on Saturday so I am a bit concerned as it will be a 12hr day w/no breaks.
  • Boise_Mom
    Options
    I would pack lots of snacks. If I'm not prepared, that's when I tend to make bad choices. :) Also, make sure you are drinking plenty of water! 12 hours is quite a day! I make sure I try and eat stuff I would normally eat with my family, just in moderation. This will hopefully make it easier to keep off the weight.
  • capria0319
    capria0319 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, my doctor started me on Phentermine 15 mg on Monday. Current weight is 164 goal weight is 135.
    Dr. said to take a pill at 9am after I ate breakfast but I was reading other articles that said to take the pill before breakfast. How do you guys take the pill? Did you also get a b12 and a lipo shot too?

Thank you MFP community.
  • Boise_Mom
    Options
    Hi! Not b12 or shot. I was told to break the Phen in half. I take half at 9:30 and half at 2:30.
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    capria0319 wrote: »
    Hello ladies, my doctor started me on Phentermine 15 mg on Monday. Current weight is 164 goal weight is 135.
    Dr. said to take a pill at 9am after I ate breakfast but I was reading other articles that said to take the pill before breakfast. How do you guys take the pill? Did you also get a b12 and a lipo shot too?

Thank you MFP community.

No shots. Lipo shots aren't really going to do a lot, and the b-12 is only useful if you're deficient. I take a whole pill in the morning before breakfast.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I get a B12 every two weeks.
  • youmeandtheseaphotography
    Options
    Whole pill in a.m. at least 1/2 hr before eating :)
  • slgraha
    slgraha Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I started taking Phentermine on July 12th. Had very good success with it many years ago but completely stopped eating right and I regained all the weight plus more. Looking for support since most of MFP hates on this drug.