Rise and shine ☺

Options
My favourite breakfast to make are waffles ! There are endless flavour options ! What do you guys like to eat for breakfast ?

Replies

• lauranicole6
    lauranicole6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love making oatmeal with powder peanut butter and load it up with fruits like bananas, blueberries, mango ect
  • martine329
    martine329 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've found having coconut milk or almond milk yogurt with a quarter cup mango or blueberries with a small apple to be an excellent breakfast. I also usually have about 20 raw almonds as a snack around 11 am. I usually have to take my breakfast to work, so this is really easy to pack up the night before :)
  • kusterer
    kusterer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1.5 cups shredded wheat, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 cup silk Vanilla light, 16 oz water mixed w/ 4 oz OJ. I'm full until way past lunch.
  • kusterer
    kusterer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How do I start a new topic?
    I am stuffed all day and seldom meet my basic1500-calorie goal, let alone eat back the exercise calories. I eat lots of whole grains daily, soy milk, beans, Boca-type stuff. All the veggies and even fruit add few calories. Anyone else have this "problem?"
  • iamcallieu
    iamcallieu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i all, looking for support within the vegan community here. I was vegetarian vegan for years with the support of a homeopath. I was in the best health of my life, feeling amazing (and at a healthy weight) when I got pregnant with my 3rd child. Having moved away from my homeopath, I began eating meat again during my pregnancy, then a naturopath put me on a low carb, high fat diet about a year ago. I've been in and out if keto for a year and though I have lost much of my weight, I've felt HORRIBLE for an entire year. Exhausted, constantly thirsty abs my hormones are a MESS.

Most of my MFPals are part of the keto/LCHF/Paleo community and I feel very cornered. I know they'll judge me when they see I'm returning to my vegan lifestyle. And I must admit, I'm SCARED, because of all of the info (brainwashing) about carb cycling/how bad fruit is for me/grain fear etc from this past year. I really need some support, y'all
  • aktzi
    aktzi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I currently find the only time get my daily gym class in is at 6am so after I've done that I like to start the day with a Prana On protein shake with some added super greens and then when I get to work I make an almond milk latte.
  • churchim808
    churchim808 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I made this over the weekend and it is really awesome. The recipe makes a ton so I halved it. I put 1 oz in the refrigerator with a 1/2 cup of almond milk and a half cup of blueberries. With two tsp of maple syrup it came to just under 300 calories.

joythebaker.com/2013/02/toasted-oat-and-coconut-muesli/
  • POTTEDPLANT
    POTTEDPLANT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I've been soaking chia seeds in unsweetened coconut/almond milk (almond breeze brand) in a ratio of 1 TBSP chia seeds to 9 TBSP milk overnight. In the morning, mixing with a big bowl of berries (blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries this morning) + 1/3 cup muesli. It's pretty, has good texture, calcium from the milk (fortified), a little bit of sweetness, decent protein, and omega-3s. I had been buying chia pod "yogurts" but they run $3 and I realized I can make something a bit healthier and equally delicious really easily.
  • lauranicole6
    lauranicole6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    iamcallieu wrote: »
    i all, looking for support within the vegan community here. I was vegetarian vegan for years with the support of a homeopath. I was in the best health of my life, feeling amazing (and at a healthy weight) when I got pregnant with my 3rd child. Having moved away from my homeopath, I began eating meat again during my pregnancy, then a naturopath put me on a low carb, high fat diet about a year ago. I've been in and out if keto for a year and though I have lost much of my weight, I've felt HORRIBLE for an entire year. Exhausted, constantly thirsty abs my hormones are a MESS.

Most of my MFPals are part of the keto/LCHF/Paleo community and I feel very cornered. I know they'll judge me when they see I'm returning to my vegan lifestyle. And I must admit, I'm SCARED, because of all of the info (brainwashing) about carb cycling/how bad fruit is for me/grain fear etc from this past year. I really need some support, y'all
    Hey girl! I'm here if you or anyone ever need anything! Feel free to message me on here if that is a thing!! I am not super active on here at the moment but I will always respond as soon as possible! xoxo
  • sharonrobinsonau
    Options
    I am gluten intolerant as well so my choices are either limited or creative with other ingredients :) I'm pretty plain jane and tend to go for a smoothie or some gluten-free muesli with coconut yogurt :) I've been making the muesli and yoghurt myself too so I know that there's no yuckies in it.
  • nicoleeatsplants
    nicoleeatsplants Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm so addicted to smoothie bowls!!!! I try a new combo every morning with different granola and fruits on top. I also really love breakfast burritos with tofu scramble and potatoes.....can't wait till breakfast now lol