Is Pokemon GO part of your daily regimen?

Options
LunariusHaberdash
LunariusHaberdash Posts: 44 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
I know it is for me! We try to get up and go out Pokehunting first thing in the morning, and then take a noontime walk, and then (against all wisdom) we head out between midnight and stay out until 3am. We usually wind up walking about 5 mi a day.

Replies

• SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have gone out every day so far, and I actually feel kind of anxious if I don't go out. I've paired Pokemon Go with Walk for a Dog so it's like doubly guilt-inducing if I don't get out and walk for a while. It's been a great motivator, but my friend and I normally go out at night just because it has been so hot during the day. I'm not a morning person, so I'm not at my top functioning ability until 11 or noon, but if there's a good pokemon on my tracker earlier in the day, I'll go out and find it. It's just hugely motivating.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It is for me. I keep it open on my desk at work so I can get my daily Rattata and Pidgey. When I pick up my son after work, we hit all the Pokestops and I let him throw the Pokeballs (unless it's one I don't have! #MomOfTheYear)

I'm too busy these next two weeks to be able to go out in the evenings to hunt.
  • JustKen74
    JustKen74 Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ive logged 9.25 miles in 2 days with the game so far, I thinking its working well for me haha
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it's driving my routine, but on days I miss my lunchtime RL gym trip I'll go for a walk and catch some Pokemon on the way. There's a park about a mile and half away that has a good number of stops and a gym, so I can get some good distance in to help hatch those eggs.
  • fitgoals23
    fitgoals23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's going to start becoming one. If anything, the fact that my gym, the church & park by which I walk my dog, and a local hiking trail are all Poke Spots will at least encourage me to keep up with the exercise I already do. Plus it seems like a fun way to move around a little more.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I feel like I don't get to workout much because I have a toddler and everything revolves around her.<3 But when I see a rare pokemon on my screen, I run to wherever it is...so I'm getting quick little jogs in here and there. Reminds me how much I miss running.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    This week I just haven't had the time (I admit I haven't been motivated enough to get up early in the morning, which I probably should just do). I open it up when I walk to and from my car in my parking lot at home... it's not a huge distance but long enough to catch some common Pokemon. But I ran out of pokeballs! I just haven't been able to get to pokestops. Because of that I missed two high-ish level pokemon in my parking lot :(
  • bbordner
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    This week I just haven't had the time (I admit I haven't been motivated enough to get up early in the morning, which I probably should just do). I open it up when I walk to and from my car in my parking lot at home... it's not a huge distance but long enough to catch some common Pokemon. But I ran out of pokeballs! I just haven't been able to get to pokestops. Because of that I missed two high-ish level pokemon in my parking lot :(

:( I think we all feel your pain on this one.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    An Ivysaur appeared on my cul-de-sac last night. It was humorous watching car after car pull into our cul-de-sac, sit there for a minute then drive off. Sadly, I've noticed more people play it in their cars than on foot.
  • bbordner
    Options
    A couple nights ago I caught 14 Pokemon on an hour long walk. The incense helped a lot, especially on the walking trail that doesn't seem to spawn many of them. Managed to collect enough candy for my first evolution. Of them I caught an Arbok after it escaped three times, highest CP I've caught so far.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Almost daily. I prefer to go to the gym since I sunburn very easily even with sunscreen and it's just stupidly hot out right now. That being said, I've gone on a few walks outside anyway, mainly to hatch eggs. Hoping for the day it might link to fitbit, even at partial km just so cardio at the gym can count too.

But on my lunch I do try to walk to the park across the street. There are two gyms and several pokestops, and there's a bunch of people sitting out there during that time and there's usually a lure or two on the stops.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    It definitely has. I was going on my walks every few days, now it's daily. Usually on my property so I'm not catching anything but I'm hatching eggs. Weedle and zubat last night. I think I'll try and make it to one of our parks at least every other day. I don't know about today since it looks like it's going to pour.
  • HoopingFanatic
    HoopingFanatic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It is definitely becoming a regular part of my day. I love it!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sure is. I walk in the morning anyway so I turn the game on.
    Then after work and dinner is done, house is cleaned etc I go out for another hour or so.

My husband has been going out in the morning after his night shifts or in the evening with me after his day shifts.

If he is on his off days he is out all the time...and this from a man who was sitting a lot...
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    It is but mainly because it is so easy for me to add it to my normal daily walk. I walk to work so pokemon Go can be on then all the time. I am trying some different ways to walk home though.
    Going for a walk tonight. Not so much to catch (I pretty much have everything I want) but to incubate more eggs
  • Madpiano2
    Madpiano2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I never used to walk. Lunch time was spent sitting down and reading a book - now I go and hunt Pokemon and I even go for another walk in the evening before I go to bed. Definitely motivating. Our whole team at work plays, so we keep each other motivated (need to beat those scores). Twice a week after work I go out to a Park somewhere in town and go hunting for an hour. Or just for a walk along the river (need loads of Magicarps!). I started playing on 14th July and hit the 100km mark on 14th August.... You could say it gets me motivated :-)
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Most definitely my daily exercise now. I walk every day at lunchtime in one of the two nearby areas packed with Pokestops. Since I live in Orlando, I head over to Disney Springs, one of the theme parks, or the fertile hunting ground in Kissimmee by the lake every weekend. After a little over a month of playing I'm almost level 27 and have an army that does pretty well in gyms, considering how fast they turn over here.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I work on a university campus full of Pokemon and Pokestops. I have a 1.5km walk from my parking spot to my office. I hatch a lot of eggs. :smile:
  • Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I work on a college campus too. I walk to work, I only live ~1km away, so I play while I walk to work, and I take a much longer route home to hit all the Pokestops and catch/hatch Pokemon. And I started packing healthier and smaller lunches too, and going out to eat lunch wherever students place lures. Probably twice a week, ill go out in the evening once it gets cooler, to play some more. And on weekends usually at least one day, Ill go somewhere to play, like downtown, a park, or to San Francisco.
    Ive walked over 315km since the game was released in NA. Over halfway to 29. Ive stepped up the training recently when I found out a friend of mine from an old part time job I had plays too and had half a level on me, lol. He has a car, so its easier for him... mine broke down last month, so I gotta do this all on foot and take busses. =.=