Pokemon Go!

Options
jonsmithkidd
jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
Who has got Pokemon Go? Who is enjoying it? And who is finding they are getting more exercise because of it?

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    It's fun. Not very good at the catching part, but I'm trying!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Heard it came out to the UK today.
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm addicted at the moment. My day today has comprised of: Waking up, eating, heading out on a 7K Pokemon catching expedition, rocking up home to recharge my phone and eat lunch, before heading out again and walking to the Woodland Viaduct and all sorts of beautiful places in search of pokemon :love:

I already did a fair amount of walking/ trail runs before, but have to admit, this game as somewhat sparked my enthusiasm for walking outdoors.
    Although I slightly suck at the hunting pokemon part for the time being :lol:
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It's ok. The catching part is fun but the gyms are basically pointless starting out. I'm still low level so the only thing I have to do is catch the same things over and over and slowly level up. There really needs to be a way to level cap training ranges so that everyone can play. Because I work during the day and live on the edge of town I don't have a lot of variation or poke-stop exposure and I'm afraid I'll lose interest before I get very far but we will see how it improves over time.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Just got it. Looks like fun
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    It's ok. The catching part is fun but the gyms are basically pointless starting out. I'm still low level so the only thing I have to do is catch the same things over and over and slowly level up. There really needs to be a way to level cap training ranges so that everyone can play. Because I work during the day and live on the edge of town I don't have a lot of variation or poke-stop exposure and I'm afraid I'll lose interest before I get very far but we will see how it improves over time.

I agree! All of the gyms in my area have ridiculously high levels of Pokemon. I saw one yesterday in a nearby town and the Pokemon was over 1000. My highest is 146. Then I look for more and they are like 10's. :-( It is still fun, but frustrating.
  • dutchandkiwi
    Options
    Just did my daily walk to work and it took me from level 0 to level 4. Near home there are a lot of pokemon stops (I can even fill up from my kitchen table I have one that close) and pokemons to catch. Near work it is less. However there are a few just outside the building I can grab them from my desk and possibly be up to level 5 by the time I go for my walk home.
    Combined with my fitbit to count steps I think I am heading into the slightly addicted range
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    I was so excited. I caught a 315 Weepinbell today. I've never seen anything other than bellsprout around here. I'm going to try and get the kids to take a jog with me for pokemon this afternoon.
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    I have just ticked over to Level 11, I am hoping to up my mileage and get some eggs hatched! Best so far is a 514 Hypno. Still can't win any gym battles, people have levelled up so quickly!
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    Haven't gotten a Hypno yet. I have a bunch of eggs that need to be hatched myself. They are about halfway there, so hopefully today I will be able to get at least some of them done.
  • dutchandkiwi
    Options
    Biggest issue is that the game is so popular. This afternoon I had some real problems with the game being not responsive. I live in a student city and they seem to be all playing whenever they leave the house. Actually funny to see all people walking and swiping in the same way.
    In the end I managed to get to level 6 on my walk home . Hatched two eggs today (a 5 and 2 km one) and have two in incubation at present.
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    One of the most frustrating things so far has been when catching a Pokemon and having the game freeze and not get the Pokemon. I got to lvl 8 last night, caught a tenticool, evolved one of my Evees from 322 to 500 and hatched two eggs. I got one Eggsecute and another one I can't remember. I'm so close to my third egg hatching and have a few more I'm working on. I feel like I need a support group. lol
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    The horrid GPS or whatever they want to call it is driving me nuts. I ran 5 miles yesterday and got less than 2km counted to my eggs. I even made sure the game was pulled up and active the whole time.
  • Catnipp_
    Catnipp_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been playing Pokemon GO non stop, I recently hatched a 10km egg and obtained an Aerodactyl. My current goal for pokemon go is to obtain all 150, then I'm going to try and start gym battles.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    The horrid GPS or whatever they want to call it is driving me nuts. I ran 5 miles yesterday and got less than 2km counted to my eggs. I even made sure the game was pulled up and active the whole time.
    People have been testing the whole egg walking thing. Apparently there's a speed limit of 10 MPH but some report that it can be low as 5 MPH. If you go above that speed cap, the game won't register for the eggs.
  • dutchandkiwi
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I can imagine the speedlimit being an issue. I have hatched four eggs now - just walking to and from work.
    Caught 115 pokemons now and have my items bag pretty much full all the time. Should hit level 9 tonight on my way home. The area where I live it so rich in pokemons and pokestops that it is almost too easy.
    My husband and I plan to Pokehunt this weekend in a nature reserve. Rumour has it that there are some more rare types there. I do have to add that otherwise we would have gone for a walk there :smiley:
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    The speed limit is really annoying, it makes running almost useless for hatching eggs. OK, you get some mileage, but not as much as you're doing.

Just hit Level 12, still can't win any gym battles though. Will have another go later! Still not got a great variety of Pokemon, evolved so many Pidgeys and Weedles now!
  • ptsmiles
    Options
    I hit level 9 yesterday and caught a Magnamar. I have been told repeatedly by my boys that the Pokemon that I'm getting excited over are not rare. lol I told them that if I have never seen them, that they are rare to me. That being said and not having gotten into Pokemon prior to this, all of them are rare. I did find a Butterfree at my parent's house and the app froze and I lost it. This morning before work I found another one that I can't remember that was a 444CP, but I couldn't catch it. Before I tried I had 26 balls and now I'm down to 1.
  • dutchandkiwi
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    Before I tried I had 26 balls and now I'm down to 1.
    Sounds as if a the oketops near you will be getting a visit.
    Oh and I learned that by switching off your camera and AR you save a lot of battery and (added bonus) it is easier to catch the pokemon! Ok the AR feature is cool, but catching the beasties is what I really really want