Pokestories - Best things to happen while hunting Pokemon

Options
Here's a place to tell us about your best adventures while hunting Pokemon, whether funny, heart-warming, spooky or sad, tell us what you've had happen as a result of playing! I'll start.

The first night we went out hunting Pokemon as a family, I was hunting my much coveted Cubone. About half-way around the loop we were walking my phone died, making me a very sad panda. My fiance, however, kept playing. We decided to dip into a park that's on the loop to see what we could find. Now, it's dark thirty, like maybe 2-3am, so the park is pretty dark. We noticed some movement at one point, and it turns out there was a baby skunk bumbling around the park, it was adorable, even though we kept our distance of course. Not long after this, my fiance cheered and laughed... She had caught my cubone. :( I still don't have one.

Replies

• megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are playing together too. We went and spent time with my friend. It was the first time my fiance and her husband meet and first time I met her husband and she met my fiance. But you would think we always hung out! It was awesome. We would sit and talk while they were trying to conquer gyms but it kept glitching on them. We also all caught a Cubone. It was across the street but we just had to stand on the edge. So I am sure some people driving were like why are there 4 grown ups standing on the side of the road staring at their phones. LOL Unless they knew.

We have had so many people yell from cars or across the street at us, "Pokemon go?" And then when we say yes they go, "YEAH!" It is awesome!!!!

We also talked to this kid forever as he served us ice cream at Marble Slab. We gave him an awesome tip simply for that!

Oh and also there is a girl that works upstairs, we never have talked but her bf works with my fiance. They don't really talk we just all basically know of each other. Well last night we were all hanging out playing Pokemon Go!
  • LunariusHaberdash
    LunariusHaberdash Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love the way this game brings people together Beth!
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The first night we went out hunting together (hubby and I are both nerds and game so naturally we are doing this together), we went to the park and we expected to be the only ones there. We got there and there were over 20 people walking in different directions with their phones. Ha! It was pretty awesome to see everyone...black, white, young and old. It is bringing people together. Love it!
  • LunariusHaberdash
    LunariusHaberdash Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just put together a big gather at our local park, it was pretty amazing! remember to check your local area for groups and events on facebook! :D Made a lot of new friends and had a generally good time last night. :)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Theres a huge park that is THE pokemon stop around here, for some reason rares are constantly spawning. There is a lake with a metal pier running into it, and last night someone yelled "DEWGONG ON THE PIER" And no exaggeration, 150 people (including me and the bf) swarmed onto the pier to catch this thing. Sure enough, most of us were able to catch it.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    We've been playing since the game was released and find that the local outlet mall is a popular spot for trainers - the center gazebo is a gym. There was a woman there with her son and they were just starting and had no idea what they were doing. I took a half hour or so to explain the gym and catching strategies etc. Before we left she mentioned that the Outlet was running a Pokemon photo contest on their site. It wasn't well advertised and only a few people submitted, but because she gave us the info her pic and our pic won $50 gift certificates! Woot!
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was in my first flash mob yesterday running four blocks to catch a Snorlax. There's an area here where tons of people gather to play every weekend, and those with trackers alert everyone when something good is nearby. I caught a lovely one at 2267, and we stopped on the way home to drop him in a gym in a seedy strip mall parking lot. There was another Snorlax there! Granted, he was under 200, but I took pity on him and kept him instead of sending him off to be ground into candy.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    HomeatWDW wrote: »
    but I took pity on him and kept him instead of sending him off to be ground into candy.

Hahahaha, he might come in handy if they get around to releasing a version where you can trade Pokemon!