Week 2 Topic: When do you head back to school?

Options
Fit4LifeAR
Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
We have two more weeks off, but I teach at a virtual school. The first week is training but very part time...so it really feels more like 3 weeks. It's getting to be that time!

Replies

• ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • fourtherecord
    fourtherecord Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, we haven't broken up for summer yet!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Sometime the end of August, I think kids come back after Labor Day. I should probably look up the exact day.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Whoa, really? That makes for a long year.
  • MommaRaven
    MommaRaven Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I start back August 10 (but have a training on August 4th). Kids start back August 17th.
  • Eboneysea2291
    Eboneysea2291 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I go back the 29th of August for PD week and then the kids start back after Labor Day. Kind of stressed out a little because my principal wants to move me to 3rd grade! I've taught 7/8th for 3 years and 5/6 the past 2 years! I told her I didn't want to move, but she said she will give me a final decision soon. At this point, I just want to know!!!
  • fourtherecord
    fourtherecord Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Fit4LifeAR wrote: »

Whoa, really? That makes for a long year.

First day of my holiday today, back September 4th
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wowza! Sorry gang, missed this post. I've been back at school for over a week - we went back last Monday. Students won't be in for another 2 weeks!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    September 6th, kids start September 7th. I finally looked at the calendar this morning.
  • taraberg08
    taraberg08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I go back officially on August 16th (though I have two extra training days scattered in before that), then the kids start on the 19th.
  • terrinicolefit
    terrinicolefit Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous of everyone who doesn't go back for a few weeks!!! I go back August 2nd and the kids go back the 10th!
  • velostervixen
    velostervixen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The kids came back today. :)
  • ashleyshimmin
    ashleyshimmin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We started PD on the 18th, kids came back on the 23rd, and I begin teaching my reading groups on the 29th. I get to test this week. :-)