Beauty routine changes?

wearmi1
wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
Have any of you ladies changed your beauty routine while pregnant? Switched to safer products or organics? I was thinking of switching to all natural deodorant and body wash. I do use a lot of Lancôme stuff on my face though. Serum, eye cream and moisturizer. Thoughts?

Replies

• fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    I just stopped using retinol but did not change anything else.
  • lesleykc
    lesleykc Posts: 25 Member
    I changed nothing for both my first and this pregnancy. With skin care, I have a routine I've been using for years (Clinique and Fresh products) and didn't want to make any drastic changes. I avoided retinol, but I wasn't really using it anyway. Same old deodorant and body wash and lotion. Added some specialty Mustela products to keep my belly looking good. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable! That might mean changing all your products or staying on course. I also have dyed my hair too (a few highlights) in case you were contemplating that too!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    no changes at all here, but I don't have much of a beauty routine. I wash my face with neutragena's pink grapefruit scrub and use olay complete for moisture. For makeup I use the NARS tinted moisturizer with the sephora primer.

Although I did get a facial last Saturday since I'm getting some pregnancy acne on my forehead...unless that's from the chlorine at the pool. That's about it. And since I got the bumpy forehead I've forsaken makeup for an extra 10 minutes of sleep half of the time.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    I stopped retinol, but also antibacterial bar soap cuz I read something-something doom & gloom very early on about it and I wasn't committed enough to the product anyway to really investigate the issue.
    Still using salicylic acid products daily, a lot of people stop because it's an aspirin product but I couldn't find any evidence or indication of risk for topical solutions in my research so I've continued on with them.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Thanks ladies! All good info! I use a tea tree oil face wash with a clarisonic brush. Seems to help with acne. I also highlight my hair as well. I do the one where they paint it on and the dye never touches your skin so it seems safe enough.