Newbie!

Options
catbrand
catbrand Posts: 227 Member
Hi everyone!

Thought I'd join the group because I'm neither fit nor fabulou, but I am pregnant! 7+4 today with baby no 3 and hoping to become fit and fabulous lol.

Currently weigh 204lbs, but going to try not to gain as much as last pregnancy so I'm sticking with the gym and trying to stay around 2000 cals a day, sounds a lot but I work full time on my feet alot of the day, walk 2 miles to work 4 days a week and hopefully that should be a sensible intake.

However... my appetite has gone into overdrive since becoming pregnant and any tips anyone has to help me stop stuffing my face would be a godsend!

Looking forward to being part of the group!

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I stay around 2000 a day, doesn't sound like a lot at all! My pre-pregnancy weight was 190, I'm +8 at almost 27 weeks.

During my OHMYGODFEEDME days, I try and eat things like veggies and fruit, and usually have a home made, no salt added trail mix in my desk to munch on. I had awhile I was eating dry honey nut cheerios. Just make good choices most of the time, and indulge on your cravings once in awhile. Move as you can, and you'll do fine :) Welcome!
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I've had a bit of a craving for cheerios lately, I might have to buy a box tomorrow!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    wow @catbrand with the exception of how far along we are you and I are very similar. similar starting weight and calorie goal. I'm 15 weeks and up 7lbs. But I'm not calorie counting. #3 is my last. I'm just taking it easy and walking and swimming as much as is comfortable.

Oh and cheerios...hell yeah. I've been housing a bowl with peaches daily.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not fit or fabulous. Lol. Yeah I'm in the same boat. My starting pregnancy weight was 195 pounds. I'm 25 weeks 3 days with twins. I'm up 7 pounds so far. With the kids being out of school I'm able to stick to a morning walk of a mile and a half at least 6 days a week. I try to make healthy choices like instead of ice cream frozen ice. Instead of cookies peanut butter and crackers. I drink almost a gallon of water a day and really not anything else. Yes I'm going to the restroom constantly but staying hydrated helps keep the feet and ankles from swelling. I also read that you don't get those calf cramps in the middle of the night if you stay hydrated. So far so good. As far as appetite goes I haven't been crazy hungry. I think it's this ridiculous heat. I live in the San Fernando Valley.
    Add me if you'd like.