Monthly Mini Challenge - JUNE

Options
Brittles927
Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
June already??!!

Awesome ideas from @History1027:

Recommendations for next month's mini challenge. Either
1. Only weighing yourself once or twice a week. Sometimes we become too obsessed with the numbers.
2. Or improving our sleep habits. Having enough sleep has a huge impact on weight loss but often time gets overlooked.

I'm down for both of these ideas! What do you all think?

I think for number 2 I'm going to shoot for a minimum of 8 hours every night - although sometimes this is difficult with a 2 year old :)

And I'll continue to weigh in once a week on Friday's :)

Replies

• typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I can do the sleep habits but I need to weigh more than once or twice a week. The number doesn't change my mood for the day...just makes me more aware of my food choices and need for water.
  • Brittles927
    Options
    Whatever works best for you! :)
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm with typeitdaily on the weighing in thing - at this point, I love to/need to see the number daily - keeps me focused, and I know what is working.
    I am making a concious effort to get more sleep, though. I average about 6-6.5 hours a night, I should definately add an hour to that.
  • Brittles927
    Options
    I average on 6-7 hrs a night as well, so it's definitely a struggle this month! My toddler is usually attached to my leg up until bedtime so it makes it difficult to get housework done until after, and then I need time to relax so I usually stay up pretty late and get up early for work the next day. Tough cycle to break lol but I'm doing pretty good this week! :)
  • rickc74
    Options
    I'm lucky, my kids are a bit older and more independant (5 and 9), so I can leave them a bit more. I like to go out for walks, though, after they and my wife go to bed, so it cuts down sleep time a bit, but such is life. Glad you are having a better week :)
  • Brittles927
    Options
    True! I can imagine a walk before bed makes it easier to drift off to sleep too :)
  • rickc74
    Options
    That it does. And it's nice and peaceful walking at night :)
  • Brittles927
    Options
    How is everyone doing with the mini challenge this month?

My kiddo's 2 year molars are coming in so sleep hasn't been great, I think I got around 5 hours of sleep last night :(

Other than that, up until this last weekend I've been weighing in only on Friday's. I weighed myself all weekend and it helped me stay accountable, I didn't gain! Which is huge for me, I usually gain back the weight that I've lost during the week, on the weekends. So I thought weighing in once a week was good for me, but maybe I should weigh myself Friday-Monday to stay accountable.

Can't believe we're creeping up on July already.. we need to start thinking about mini challenges for July :)
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh only on Fridays but now I weigh everyday for accountability and to see and adjust if there is a gain. I use my Friday weight for weigh-ins and challenges.
  • bondgirl50
    bondgirl50 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I average maybe 6 hours ...not losing on the scale but visually look smaller
  • Brittles927
    Options
    You definitely could be losing inches! :)