looking for someone with irretable bowel sydrome constipation

Options
Ginny218
Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
had a bout this weekend and need more information - spent too much money on doctors.

Replies

• valkc1953
    valkc1953 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    know how you feel, it's a tough illness to deal with. what do you take &/or eat to help with it?
  • Ginny218
    Options
    take mirlax - makes me gassy , milk magnesia - bulks too much, over 20 gr fiber lately - at least 8 glasses of water - going to make that a goal.. never less- my bladder got inflamed and painful and i still having pain nausea... doctor put me on a new sample meds but i think there expensive
  • Ginny218
    Options
    tried activia , prune juice&diet 7up - be a friend and you can see my diet
  • mhampton52
    mhampton52 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have Ulcerative Colitis and IBS and Gastroparesis. I always take Librax for pain and severe cramping. It calms the muscle spasms and releases the pain.
    Marilyn
  • Ginny218
    Options
    found out gallbadder backflowing into my stomach - on acid reflux meds for that for now. ontop of my constipation issues
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    When the acidity level in the stomach is low the pyloric sphincter (opening in the stomach to the small intestine), and the lower esophageal sphincter (opening from the esophagus to the stomach)will relax, allowing bile to backflow into the stomach, and into the esophagus creating heartburn symptoms!. Since the bile is more acidic, the stomach wants it! Most reflux issues are caused because of the stomach being too low on acid (opposite of the conventional medical wisdom, but true!). To correct the root cause, it is recommended to drink Apple cider vinegar, diluted in water, a few times each day to increase the acidity of the stomach. I use two tbsp in 12oz. of water. Once the acidity is addressed the sphincters will function to keep the bile in the small intestine, and acid in the stomach, where it's supposed to be!

The medications only treat the symptoms, which can make things worse. Plus, dependence on certain types can occur, making them very hard to stop taking (the label says to use for up to eight weeks! Not the years of prescribing that are seen!). And, the side effects they are seeing now (memory loss, dementia, kidney disease!) make them very dangerous! Even the drug company says as long as it's used according to the label, the side effects shouldn't be seen! But, do you think they're going to call you, and warn you that you've been taking it too long? Nope, they're enjoying taking your money and leading you to more prescriptions in the future from the damage!

You didn't mention what you were put on, but the names of these medicines are, Prilosec, Nexium, Prevacid, and Protonix! This goes for anyone taking them long term! Has been a terribly over prescribed medication!!

I am a registered nurse, who is now in the wrong profession since I'm so anti medicine! Please know that all medicines are only controlled doses of poison, that they have to prove doesn't kill anyone during their drug trials, but the years and years of taking it is what is hurting so many!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Dropping the processed junk they sell us, calling it food, will help you deal with the ibs issues too! Cook your own food everyday, instead of relying on convenience foods from a box, or bag, for two weeks! I can guarantee you will see a difference in your digestive issues!
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When I was first diagnosed years ago, I was so sick, I swore I was dying of cancer and I'm not a hypochondriac!! I was so sick!! When I was told IBS, I thought how could that make me this sick??? But it did!!! I was put on a very strict diet for about 6 weeks and it made me feel so much better!! I then kept a diary and reintroduced other foods one at a time and documented if it bothered me at all. I'm now basically controlled by my diet. Only if I get stressed will I get a bout. Stress is definitely a trigger! You might want to try this diet out.

http://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/