Switching to decaf coffee...

Options
amanda4335
amanda4335 Posts: 10 Member
Hello this is my first post on this group. I normally drink my coffee black unless it's far too strong...then I add sweetner to it. I drink caffeinated coffee and really shouldn't... I was off caffeine for awhile but then I went right back to it... I quit cold turkey and it didn't last... slowly switching to decaffeinated coffee now which is going to be hard especially since I am no good at self-deception.

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Why do you think caffeine is bad?... how much are you drinking? more than 4+ cups a day?
    My sis a bio chemist came across a study years ago... stating that while neither caf or decaf have cholesterol in it, decaf can actually raise your cholesterol... and it prompted my switch from decaf to caffeinated coffee. Seen quite a few reports since then say that there are health benefits to coffee as long as you under 5 cups a day.
  • amanda4335
    amanda4335 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was drinking at least 2 pots of caffeinated coffee a day and it made my panic attacks worse... Now I am down to 2 cups of caffeinated coffee a day and while things have gotten significantly better, I still get an extremely high pulse rate, a pounding heart, and shortness of breath, occasionally a few minutes worth of headache... when I was drinking more caffeinated coffee, I got high blood pressure, a severe 15-minute headache, plus everything else. I am not making a sweeping statement that proves whether caffeine is good or bad; I am doing what works for me and will improve my lifestyle... everyone's different and I don't have anything against caffeine or anyone who drinks caffeinated beverages.