Introducing myself

Options
mky2383
mky2383 Posts: 9 Member
Hi! I'm a 33 year old, and I have chronic pain as well as chronic diseases.
I suffer from chronic migraines that I get every day, I also have bertolotti syndrome that causes pain because it's a "fake" joint in my vertebrae. Now I'm getting nerve pain &a sharp stabbing pains under my right armpit on to my breast. The doctors first diagnosed it as the thin lining my rib cage was inflamed, then I was treated for shingles, then it was realized that it was neuropathic pain. They're still trying to figure it out. Lidocaine patches do help as long as they're on for 20 hours out of 24 hours (doctors orders). I've been questioned about how the pain level is from 1-10, because most of the time it's at a 10. I understand what it feels like to lose a significant other because "they couldn't handle my health problems" after 6 years together or people you thought you were close to disappear as soon as things got complicated, or you have to cancel on them numerous times. I've been to the point where I want to give up & forget all my health "attributes" & not take care of myself. But I've overcame so many things so far, that not a lot can have in a life time. I know what it's like to crawl into that rabbit & just stay there until it's almost over. I know how to dig out that hole & see the light again even with the life I have. I started loving all of ME, my whole self. Not just some, ALL! And I feel amazing, so I hope this helps some of you out there. Now I enjoy sharing my story to others, instead of avoiding the elephant in the room.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Love of self is not an easy place to get to! Especially when our body lets us down!! But, we all deserve it! The admiration, and love, that we have for others is great, but we deserve it too! When we begin to love ourselves things change!

Some people don't have the strength to hang in there when illness prevails! Those are the people that you don't need in your life! Even the people who try to derail your weight loss efforts need to go!

My experience has been that friends don't know how to handle the fact that you aren't the fat one of the group anymore!! I've lost many people in my life who can't handle it because it makes them look at themselves! I have family waiting for me to begin regaining weight (like it was in the past), but it's not going to happen! Time will prove this!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group too!
  • e9196tep
    e9196tep Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We have to hang in there. We don't have a choice. I'm very sorry this has happened to you. Sometimes it's good to know others are out there suffering just like we are yet so many are young and that is never a good thing. We are here to cheer you on. We are perfectly good human beings living in imperfect bodies. We can do this!
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! Your story is so uplifting! You've done so well!! I know, because I've been in that rabbit hole. It wasn't easy getting out! Once I got out though, it made me realize how strong I am. Migraines every day...how do you take that??? I get migraines, I've gotten them for over 30 years now. The pattern was consistent...so severe I went to bed for 3 days in a dark room with no noise. They went away for awhile but came back during peri menopause. The pattern was the same but I had them more frequently. Eventually I was put on Topiramate (Topamax). I still had break through migraines so I stayed on the Topiramate but took Max Alt for break through migraines. Then my migraines changed and I started getting right sided facial drooping. (My migraines have always been in my right eye) I was sent to a Neurologist and had an MRI, they ended up calling them "complicated" migraines. She increased my Topiramate, changed the Max Alt to Relpax (and since its been changed to Zomig because the Relpax stopped working), added Amitriptyline (Elavil), added Zofran to take with a migraine before I take my Zomig and told me to take Naprosyn with my Zomig. If the headache isn't gone in 2 hours...repeat the Zomig and in another 2 hours if I still have it...go to the ER. Well, I've been to the ER twice...never again!! Treat it and street it is their motto...doesn't matter if the headache is gone. They act like I'm there for my "fix". Nope...never again! So, HOW do you handle migraines EVERY day???
  • lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Migraines are awful! I used to have them all the time. I was fortunate that mine were related to food allergies. Once I had the testing and changed my eating habits, they went away. If you haven't investigated this and you have the money, you might want to have the testing done. Migraines are so miserable!