Things your baby loves and you hate or vice versa

Options
enterdanger
enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
1. Ranch salad dressing. I despise it. This kid wants it all the time.
2. hazelnut coffee...yes, it smells good, no I don't drink flavored coffee
3. Here is a sad one. I love dark chocolate...it doesn't agree with the baby
4. Avocados. I used to eat avocado toast daily, but jr here thinks that mushy green stuff is vomit inducing.

Any one experiencing this?

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Baby doesn't seem to like cheddar cheese, which is my favorite!
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I want potato chips all the time, and I'm not really a chip person.
    Crisp meat burritos from Taco Time. I have always hated Taco Time!

I've never liked grape juice, and with my oldest I drank it by the gallon. Couldn't get enough of the stuff. Came home from the hospital after having her, poured a cup, and threw up. Haven't touched it since. 10 years later, it's still her favorite thing in the world.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I love, she hates: Bacon. I used to LOVE bacon & as a low carber ate it multiple times a week...this kid hates it 90% of the time. Sometimes I can eat it now that I'm 30 weeks, but I feel queasy afterwards most of the time when I do.

I love, she hates: Chocolate. Especially dark chocolate. I was a chocolate fiend...especially of the low-sugar 90% Dark Lindt bars. 1st & 2nd trimester I couldn't eat anything chocolate. It just tasted horrible. I can now eat sweet/milk chocolate, but still nothing very dark.

She loves, I hate: Bouncy, twisty-road car drives. I've had worse-than-usual motion sickness throughout pregnancy (not as bad as in the 1st trimester, but still easily triggered in the 3rd trimester). I start getting queasy in the car, & every jostle in the road she turns into a dance party on my bladder. I swear this kid would be prodding me to go on roller coasters if I could. We have a monorail at work that will wake her up & make her jump around EVERY TIME i ride it. lol
  • enterdanger
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with a chocolate aversion. It seems ridiculous that the baby hates chocolate.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with a chocolate aversion. It seems ridiculous that the baby hates chocolate.

Yea, between the bacon & chocolate...my husband was/is seriously concerned that I was somehow having somebody else's child...not ours. lol
  • enterdanger
    Options
    I haven't tried bacon...just haven't wanted it. But, I'm not a huge bacon eater. I'm a carboholic.....and this has been my excuse to eat like 4 pieces of toast for breakfast every day. The baby and I agree 100% that cinnamon raisin toast with butter is the best thing ever. That's as sweet as he wants though.
  • lesleykc
    lesleykc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My daughter loves scrambled eggs and I can't stomach cooked eggs in any shape or form and she also loves apples, which I hate. I didn't get any weird cravings with my first daughter or with this pregnancy, so I'm grateful I didn't all of a sudden start wanting hard boiled eggs or something while pregnant!!
    I don't think I'm too picky, but I have some aversions to common foods that I'm trying very hard not to pass on!
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    While I was pregnant with my son I couldn't stand sauce or dressings of any sort. I couldn't eat sauce on spaghetti, pizza, etc. My son eats plain everything. He doesn't like any sauces, ketchup, or dressings.

Then with my other son I couldn't stand spices and he can't eat them due to severe reflux. He probably would like them though. He just can't have a ton of stuff due to reflux.
  • enterdanger
    Options
    With my first kid I wanted gatorade all the time. That's only funny because I'd never had it before. With the second one I wanted spinach salad every day. I'd be at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch and dinner daily hitting up their salad bar. My big craving with this guy is dairy. Milk, cheese, yogurt....I gotta have it. Oh, and cereal. I don't normally eat cereal but I'm plowing through a box of cheerios a week. The big box.

Don't worry too much about food aversions @lesleykc. I couldn't touch meat with either of my other pregnancies and those kids eat meat just fine. Surprisingly, meat doesn't bother me with this one. It did for a couple weeks in the beginning, but I got past it. This has been, by far, my easiest pregnancy. I hope that doesn't make for a difficult baby. Both my other babies were so easy but the pregnancies sucked.
  • rmcloughlin22
    rmcloughlin22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My baby girl loves orange juice and chocolate ice cream (not at the same time though!). I never cared for them before.

I'm finding Gatorade in small amounts is great for pregnancy. I like to mix it with water. It keeps me hydrated and helps with the heat and even seems to help a bit with leg cramps.