Hi..online support newbie here..

Options
Suzy620
Suzy620 Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I'm Suzy. Live in NY. Had the sleeve done on 3/16. I'm down 35 pounds. Super slow by many standards, but I'm losing. I know I need to work out harder, and just signed up for a 5K in October (started training last week). Looking for any advice/tips from you all!

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi Suzy! I am originally from Westchester County - where are you in NY?

I had bypass on 4/18 and it's going s little slow for me too - 16-17 lbs lost since then and 37 prior to surgery. I work out with a trainer 1x/week and spin 2x/week and do light cardio another day.

I am still adjusting to some foods but I would cut back on the carbs - fruits and some vegetables are carbs and if you have any carbs, pair them with protein.
  • bessie78
    bessie78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I am from western NY. I am about 6 weeks from having the VGS excited but super nervous
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi Bessie..Originally from Westchester County, NY and living just outside of Charlotte now. I had gastric bypass almost 17 weeks ago.

When is your surgery date? This is definitely a process and I am still learning what works vs not for my body. My best suggestion is to look at websites like The Workd According to Eggface, Bariatric Foodie and Bariatric Eating for great recipe ideas and I use Skinnytaste.com, Emily Bites and Cooking Light for recipes which you can leverage post op - I have used them for years.

Protein shakes I love are Eat The Bear, Believe ready to drink Mocha Latte, Chike (especially the coffee and mocha coffee ones), I have heard great things about Click as well. I also really like the Believe protein powders - they aren't overly sweet.

Lots of good luck with your surgery!
    Jen
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @Suzy620 I'll see if your diary is open, but what are your macros like? Are you getting enough carbs, protein and fat? I know I was losing slowly and when I was able to up everything the weight melted off. For myself, at 4 1/2 months I was shooting for 50 grams of carbs, 40 grams of fat, and 100 grams of protein.

As I've said in other threads, lol, I'm "here" M-Th 7am - 2pm Central...if you need to reach me other times, please don't hesitate to message me. Feel free to add me as a friend, I just ask that you put WLS in the request because I only accept other patients.

HW (8/23/15): 307
    SW (10/15/15): 283
    CW (8/2/16): 159
    GW (per surgeon): 183, then lowered to 158...then???
    GW (per me): I'm hoping for 145, if I get to 155 and my body stops, I'm good. If I go lower than 145, as long as I'm not being stupid, we'll see where I end up!