Supporting Spouse that completed surgery

Options
Hello! Has anyone else trying to support their significant other post surgery?

My husband just had surgery last week, so he is still on the clear liquids for a few more days. We are talking about meal planning in the weeks ahead, and will be going to the gym together once he is ready. I know this is a change that will be for our entire family, and I'm totally supportive. But, what else can I do to help support him in the coming months and years? Not just for now.

Replies

• rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am just setting up my supports for post surgery even though it is months away. my nutritionist suggested a couple of books. uhn.ca/PatientsFamilies/Health_Information/Health_Topics/Documents/Eating_for_Health_after_Gastric_Bypass_Surgery.pdf
    This is the booklet they gave me to use. it has some great resources.
    i am sure he was given something similar but it never hurts to have more information. some great books out there too. amazon has some there is also a workbook you can use i cant find it now but his post surgery team may know about it. There are also some support groups online (fb) and here obviously. but they may offer one in his hospital. i know my hospital has a support group twice a month. you may learn a lot at something like that.

hope that helps.
    Rce884