Lets introduce ourselves

Options
Gia here, I'm 37 and a mother of two.
I've got aggressive PCOs, which means I need to go in for surgery at least twice a year. In 2014 I went under the knives about five times. It's really hard when one is sick especially a mother and have no family support. Past few years were not just deteriorating but also years when I completely lost the urge of looking beautiful, actually had no time to think except for my illness, studies, kids, sticking to the routine and obviously food is the only comfort when one is depressed.
I've gained weight, lost my confidence and also motivation.
Gathering myself again and starting this group so I and you could get motivation from others. We need positivity here. I'm hoping to hear it.

Replies

• tobagomarina
    tobagomarina Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    hi Marina here, just looking for support. I too have this PCOS and I am the only one in my family with it. So no one seems to understand the frustration this illness is. I am currently 28 and I rarely see my periods. Currently I am on metformin. I hope to havechildren one day in my near future. Any advice to bring my period back and how can I go about knowing when I am ovulating.??
    I am terribly lost about these things.
  • iconforbest
    iconforbest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Marina, completely understand your frustration. Metformin is the most traditionally used drug to regulate ovulation in women with PCOs. Sometimes if metformin alone does not result in ovulation or conception, it is combined with Clomid for better induction.
    I myself was irregular since long, but now I'm quite regular thanks to Metformin. Just a few things, how long have you been on the drug and have you seen any changes in your bleeding pattern or weight or mood, etc?? do you record your temperature and other female symptoms? If yes it would be easier to predict your ovulation/fertility days. I can help with that if you like.
    Also, I'm happy that you have not given hope, all I know is if you work towards a goal you get it and achieve it no matter what. My advice is to replace the word LOST by Focused that will help. B)
  • RoseyRay
    RoseyRay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. My name is Rosey and I am about to turn 38. I have 3 kids and I really need to work on getting back to eating better and excising so I can keep up with the little rats. :) I am the only one in the family who really needs to lose weight so going at it alone (again and again) is really daunting. I would love some support and motivation from some others who know what a pain in the butt PCOS is. Thanks!
  • iconforbest
    iconforbest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosey

Welcome to cysters. We all gather here for support and motivation. Help this forum will be helpful.