Plans after this challenge...

Options
rickc74
rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
What are your plans after this is over? Are you going to just keep at it? Take a break? Look for or start another challege? Binge on pizza, chocolate and booze for a week?

I've read and heard a lot that it is a good idea to take a diet break and maintain for a bit, anywhere from a week to a couple months. I think I'll do that for a couple weeks, then get back at it. I don't have a final end weight goal, but I'm thinking it'll be around 170lbs-ish, so about another 30lbs to go. I'd like to get there near the end of the year.

Replies

• Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My plans after this challenge is to either continue doing what I'm doing or switch up my diet 100%. I'm kind of leaning towards switching my diet.

I've been doing low carb for months, since February actually (with a few hiccups here and there of course). But I'm considering doing Paleo diet or clean eating.

I do need a change, and I'm not quite at the point where I can just stop and try to maintain or I'll lose motivation completely :#

However, bingeing on pizza, chocolate, or booze sounds quite lovely :D lol.. I'm sure I'll have a weekend of it sometime.

Anyway, whatever you end up doing I'm sure it will work out well for you, you've done very well in this challenge! :)
  • rickc74
    Options
    I haven't really tried low carb. Or Paleo (don't actually know what it is). I definitely try to eat less refined carbs - more whole grains, stuff like that, so that the carbs I eat are healthier, and I try to keep within my calorie goals, and hit my macro and micro goals set by MFP, but that's about the only meal plan I'm on. I don't think I could do low carb, I eat so many (about half my calories come from carbs).

They do say that changing things up is good for you, it sorta keeps the body guessing, which is supposed to keep it more efficient.

Haha, I'm not sure if I'll actually do a binge, but I do have pizza and chocolate regularly - just in moderation, and within my calories.

Your path will work out for you as well, you've had great results, along with everyone still posting. This group has done really well in this challenge :)
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I'll go to another challenge. They keep me focused!
  • Brittles927
    Options
    Paleo is a diet based on the types of foods presumed to have been eaten by early humans, consisting chiefly of meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit, and excluding dairy or grain products and processed food. So basically, just clean eating, veggies/fruits/meats.

Low carb has worked pretty well for me so far, I've actually read some studies that says it works better than other diets for people with PCOS, so that's why I've been doing it. But I agree with you, I think changing things up will keep my body from becoming used to the diet. I can always try Paleo for a week or two and if it doesn't work out I can switch back :)
  • Brittles927
    Options
    I'm actually participating in one other challenge right now that's kind of an ongoing Biggest Loser challenge, so I may stay a part of that or join a new one. Being a part of these challenges really does help me stay on track too!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I'm in quite a few challenges. They keep me focused and motivated.
  • rickc74
    edited August 2016
    Options

britnaii22 wrote: »
    Paleo is a diet based on the types of foods presumed to have been eaten by early humans, consisting chiefly of meat, fish, vegetables, and fruit, and excluding dairy or grain products and processed food. So basically, just clean eating, veggies/fruits/meats.

Low carb has worked pretty well for me so far, I've actually read some studies that says it works better than other diets for people with PCOS, so that's why I've been doing it. But I agree with you, I think changing things up will keep my body from becoming used to the diet. I can always try Paleo for a week or two and if it doesn't work out I can switch back :)
    Ok, I've heard a version of that on podcasts from the guys that runs marksdailyapple.com. Same idea, he talks about eating like cavemen ate, cuz they didn't get fat. Sounds reasonable.
    The same guy pushes lower carb intake as well. I get the science of low carb, just not sure how long I personally could do it for. Glad it's been working for you :)
  • rickc74
    Options
    I'll go to another challenge. They keep me focused!
    Pretty good reason to keep doing them :)
  • rickc74
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    I'm actually participating in one other challenge right now that's kind of an ongoing Biggest Loser challenge, so I may stay a part of that or join a new one. Being a part of these challenges really does help me stay on track too!
    Good stuff!