Bi-Polar & Spouse "issues"

Options
Just curious to hear your thoughts regarding how your spouse or significant others feels about you having Bi-Polar.

OR

How you feel about your spouse or significant other having Bi-Polar.

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my husband deals with it really well. he loves me, and the bi polar is part of me. when i get wound up, or crazy he knows exactly how to calm me down.

i'm sure he wishes i didnt have this disorder, but he really does make the best of it. i've never felt like i was burdening him with it.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am newly diagnosed and my Dh is just releived I have a diagnosis as it answers questions over the years - I have often said I dont know how he lives with me - as I would have left me years ago - but his love has got me as far as I am now and today I should start medication -
    today I also start on a healthier me regime
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't know. I really doubt I'll ever tell him. He loves me, even without the label to explain the way I am sometimes.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My ex fiance didn't deal with it to well He broke up with me at the end of june like 2 months before the wedding and it still hurts me. I love him so much.
  • rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My partner is Super supportive. She is severely dyslexic and has spent the better part of the last 18 years trying to read all she can about my illness. she goes out of her way to follow doctors orders, and to get the often not to happy about complying me, to do the same. She watches my mood and tries to nip it in the bud when i am getting a bit Manic. often sending me to the doctors with letters about my mood and what she thinks will help. lol he even sends letters home to her. I don't really know what i would do without her. she went from knowing nothing at all about mental illness to being a supper supporter. We have been together 18 years and I don't know mentally where i would be without her.