Who's addicted?

Options
mom2wessarah
mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
I must say, the Fitbit has me hooked. I love seeing all my hourly 250+ dots get colored in! It makes me move every hour. If it's getting close to the end of the hour and my dot isn't colored, I walk around the office, or march in place until I see that satisfying colored dot!

Anyone else addicted??

Replies

• 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My name is Susan and I am a Fitbit addict.
  • mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan :smiley:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted!! The only time i take my fitbit off is when i shower, and then i shuffle back to my bedroom (can't take too many proper steps :tongue: ) to quickly put it back on again.
    And yes i love the green dots, it makes me twitch if there's an empty one or two in between them lol I also get a thrill out of watching the calories in my diary increase throughout the day.
  • clayaj4ch
    clayaj4ch Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am addicted.☺
  • chrystal47
    chrystal47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Same here. Like @Christine_72 said, I charge mine while showering. Although sometimes it needs to charge for a longer period of time, so I'll leave it in when I'm in the bed. I put it back on before I doze off so I can get my sleep stats.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted!! The only time i take my fitbit off is when i shower, and then i shuffle back to my bedroom (can't take too many proper steps :tongue: ) to quickly put it back on again.
    And yes i love the green dots, it makes me twitch if there's an empty one or two in between them lol I also get a thrill out of watching the calories in my diary increase throughout the day.

I take mine off in the bathroom so I don't lose any steps while walking to the bedroom to put mine back on. :D The only time I take mine off is to shower or wash my face.

• CherylNTexas
    CherylNTexas Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing a Charge HR for 2 days, and I'm more than a little obsessed. Does that ever go away??? ha I love it!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I've been wearing a Charge HR for 2 days, and I'm more than a little obsessed. Does that ever go away??? ha I love it!

I've been wearing mine 24/7 for 18mths and still totally obsessed :lol:
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a surge and the flare display is great. It adds a dot for each minute of the hour in a circle around the digital time, if you add steps that minute the dot grows into a line, the idea being you should try to grow the circle as much as possible each hour before it resets, its a very handy quick reference that reminds me to keep moving!

Had a surge for nearly 2 years and yeah i'm still hooked.
  • Amanda_1973
    Amanda_1973 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm also an addict with my fit it as well, 10,000 steps is a must I'm even happier when I can get more, loves my exercise goals, I also like the hourly count as well, but because I only sync my fit it after the end of the work day I can't tell how I'm doing until I get home, I'm usually 8/10 hours though so I'm happy with that. I'm annoyed when it has to be charged and that gets charged at the most convenient time only (if I can help it) I also take the fit it off in the washroom as well so it can go right back on ASAP, I love that it gives me active minutes for house work or grocery shopping, why shouldn't I be awarded for those things. Love it!!!!!! glad I have fellow addicts, could be worst things to be addicted to I think.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I went from sub-2000 steps/day to over 15k in less than a week. This Blaze is making it more difficult (and more expensive) for me to maintain a caloric surplus. Heh.
  • CherylNTexas
    CherylNTexas Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I had to send mine in because of a weird syncing issues and they will send the replacement after they get the one I sent back. I'm jonesing like a junkie. I feel like any steps are wasted! ha
  • RunningSwede
    RunningSwede Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'd say addicted, but I'm sport'n my Flex 24-7! Fitbit combined with honest logging of caloric intake are the only things giving me long-term weight control success.
    The steps don't lie... the Flex keeps my activity level honest and not just aspirational. Also impressed how well it tracks my sleep. Work'n hard to average 7 hours per night. And some say the sleeping part of your day is just as important as your stepp'n awake hours for long-term health. Keep on Truck'n fellow Fitbitters!
  • chichi74
    chichi74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Totally addicted...I have been since April 2015. I love it! I bought an extra charger for my office to make sure that it would never be out of charge. :-) Heaven forbids, I take steps and my Blaze is dead! lol I've lost 49lbs thanks to it and eating healthy. I will keep this addiction!
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    me! I have my period set a long time and if I miss a dot I kick myself.
  • denisehudak
    denisehudak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost my Fitbit while on vacation and need to buy a new one now--which one do you all think is the best and what features do you love? I want to be obsessed again!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    @denisehudak The only exercise i do is walking, so the Alta suits me perfectly. I started off with the zip which worked well too, but is pretty basic. HR monitor devices are a bit iffy imo, so personally i wouldn't bother with one of those.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have had one or another for over 5 years (I have bought at least 10 total, including gifts). My boyfriend of over a year used to make fun of me for wearing it to bed, running around at night to hit my numbers, etc. So I got him one - OMG I created a monster. I am now not allowed to go to bed until all goals for the day are met, and we have a daily showdown EVERY day. The competition sometimes is so bad he will sabotage me - beg me to go to the store for dinner, and while I am gone he RUNS around so he gets ahead of me. Lol. Its been good for my averages :)

After a few weeks, he accidently washed his (the ONE), and you would have thought someone killed his cat. Those 2 days without it were torture for him - I actually had to go to walmart and buy his replacement instead of ordering online and taking the extra day or two of shipping.

ANd yes, if I forget it, there is absolutely no point whatsoever in getting out of bed much less moving. I have forgotten it maybe 5 or 6 times ever, and have driven home from work to get it a few times when I realized :)
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I lost my Fitbit while on vacation and need to buy a new one now--which one do you all think is the best and what features do you love? I want to be obsessed again!

I have a Charge HR. Which one is right for you depends on what you want from it. I'm thinking of "upgrading" mine for my birthday next year (February), so this is something I've been debating with myself. I like the heart rate monitor, although I recognize it isn't perfect it is accurate enough for my needs. I wish I had the "Reminder to move" feature that the Alta has, but it looks like the new Charge 2 that is replacing the Charge HR is going to have that. Personally, I wouldn't want a Flex (or the new Flex 2) because I like having a display (I don't want to have to pull out my phone and wait for a sync to see my steps, etc.) and I've gotten used to having a functional watch on my wrist. I'm also tempted by the Blaze - it's really big, but it's display looks really nice and I think I saw they're adding the "Reminder to move" feature to it.