Side effects

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing stomach pain? I have a doctor appointment tomorrow but wondering if I'm alone?

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I weirdly had pain if I injected on my left side of my stomach. I use the right side now and do not experience the same issues. If I indulge, my tummy hurts, but that's part of the side effects. I hope you get it sorted!
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I did have some dessert last night, which was the last thing I ate.

That's not on my list of side effects!
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Since I've increased to 1.8 (4 days now) I get a 'weird' feeling in my abdomen but it's not pain...and it's not nausea...it's just 'weird' lol. Idk how else to explain it
  • ChrissyB4848
    ChrissyB4848 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am going up to 1.8 today and I could say that I have maybe felt a little "backed up",or gas like, but nothing that I would classify as pain.I hope that you get that sorted out! Let us know what your Dr says about that.
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    Hi! Okay, so turns out to be severe gastric reflux turned ulcer due to slowed gastric emptying. I'm prone to them so I shouldn't be surprised.

I should have started Zantac 2 weeks ago after the cauliflower incident. *sigh*

• ChrissyB4848
    Options
    Oh drat. Well, I hope that you are feeling better very soon!
  • habereet
    habereet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's a side effect but one out of every three mornings I have to choke down breakfast. I'm only eating a cup of Greek Yogurt so it's not a big meal but I'm starting 1.8 today so I wonder if it will become more frequent.
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    So my med, Pantaloc ( aka Pantoprazole) really helps. It makes a big difference in the nausea.

I'm so glad to be feeling better :)
  • mcspeight
    mcspeight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    just wondering has anyone been have any ... "nasty" tasting burps??? I find as I increase the dose these burps have been more frequent.
    I only increase every 2nd week instead of every week, and this is really the only side effect i have been experiencing.
  • lingle12
    lingle12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Day 23...titrated up to the 2.4 dose. Experiencing the worst side effects to date. Energy is better but burping and nausea have been pretty bad. I may stay at this dose two weeks. I am down 7 lbs from my start on saxenda on February 15,2016 and 17.5 since September 2015. I exercise four times a week (circuit train, spin, walk-run) and consistently around 1200-1500 calories per day. I have a 158 day streak going on MFP currently. I am about 20 from my goal wt so am hopeful. Under the care of my endocrinologist . BCBS approved four month trial coverage after a long appeal process but if these results hold steady I shouldn't have any trouble with continued coverage. I pay 30/month with the discount card.
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been away for a bit - sorry.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any significant changes in their taste?
  • ChrissyB4848
    Options
    Glad you're back! Not actual taste, but cravings are different. As in, I don't have any..
  • Acacia2India
    Options
    :) Thanks.

I'm glad things are going well for you!
  • ChrissyB4848
    Options
    :) Thanks.

I'm glad things are going well for you!

Thank you! You know how it is though, it's never enough. Are you feeling ok, aside from taste?
  • zedwaz
    zedwaz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on Saxenda for 4 weeks I just started having a really bad reaction at the injection sites. I get a large itchy welt but only for the last two 1.8 mg and the first two 2.4 mg doses. Before that at the lower doses no irritation. Has this happened to anyone else? My doctor said to reduce the dose and the pharmacist suggested a smaller needle might help. But I did 2.4 last night with the smaller needle and same large welt on my thigh. Moving injection sites hasn't helped either. Will this stop once my body adjusts?

I'm down 10lbs since I started. I feel like I should just stop taking it.
  • Brooke11879
    Brooke11879 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exact same reaction here! I've been looking for a post like this to reaffirm I am not alone/crazy!! The first injection I gave myself resulted in a small bruise, which I attributed to "pushing too hard." After about a week and titrating to the next dosage my stomach began to itch. Fast forward to the last two weeks and 2.4-3.0 doses and I have the same welt-y, red rash! Mine seem to have a darker, almost bruise like center. Wife discussed with GP when she went to her appointment this week and doc suggested alternating injection site between stomach and thigh. My thighs, though are pretty muscular, so I feared that would hurt, which it did! I injectied on my inner thigh as its a bit flabbier and have the worst rash yet! I tried on outer hip and it's a smaller spot, but still red and initially had a knot behind it. I've lost 12 pounds and do not want to stop the shot, but I seriously look like I've been "cupping" after each injection.
  • ChrissyB4848
    Options
    Oh frig!! How awful!! I've been on this since February and haven't had more than a tiny bruise. Are you using alcohol swabs before injecting? Best of luck to both of you. That's terrible.
  • zedwaz
    Options
    I'm only doing 1.8 until I see my doctor again the welts are still there but smaller. I just don't understand why I'm developing an allergic reaction 3 weeks after beginning. I've inly lost 10lbs so far and it keeps fluctuating up and down so I don't know if it's working.
  • zedwaz
    Options
    An update the allergic reactions have gone down I'm up to the full dose but I might have to stop taking it soon. Insurance would only cover $350 for a life time. So I think I will ask my doctor if I can go back on the metformin. It worked for me in the past.
  • itskavo
    itskavo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too get bruising/rash at the injection site since I started 1.8. I am up to 3mg and problem continues. My doctor said to change injection sites and push the needle in a bit harder and hold it for 4 sec. That doesn't help much. I've been using Exfoliating Bath Gloves which helps with the itching, as well as hydrocortisone or benadryl anti itch cream.