Steps calorie adjustment

Options
tuxmomoftoo
tuxmomoftoo Posts: 52 Member
My step calorie adjustment is a whopping 4 and my step total is over 13,700. Does this seem correct??

Replies

• f0liot
    f0liot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    are any of the steps being used for another exercise? I noticed that when I started logging walking/running/biking with MapMyFitness it would adjust the apple watch step calories so it was not doubling up.
  • tuxmomoftoo
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand your question. I wear the watch all day. I use the exercise app on the watch to start and end an open walk. I don't use any third party apps except for MFP.

I'm really missing my Fitbit. :(
  • f0liot
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If you are using the activity app on the watch, MFP recognizes that as an exercise. If you look at your dairy for the day it should show the steps on the apple watch, then it will show walking activity with calories burned.

By using the activity app, MFP is subracting the calories based on steps away from the main step counter...

Atleast thats what I've found to happen since I started to use the activity app and other trackers.

Just checked my dairy and found the following link which should help to answer your questions..

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1084232-what-is-the-calorie-adjustment-in-my-exercise-diary?article_id=1084232-what-is-the-calorie-adjustment-in-my-exercise-diary
  • tuxmomoftoo
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Is this the same way MFP uses exercise information from Fitbit HR?
  • f0liot
    Options
    That i am not sure about. Ill try to do some searching when i get to the office. But i dont think it will be the same
  • tuxmomoftoo
    Options
    You are too kind. If you're even half as exhausted with my questions as I am...I am so sorry!!! I really want to understand. I just want to make sure I'm getting the calories I am supposed to get. If the Fitbit is waaaaay over, fine. If the Apple Watch is way under, fine. I just need to know which one is accurate because they are giving totally different calorie adjustments.
  • mathiar86
    mathiar86 Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Here's my issue

I switched from a Fitbit charge HR a few days ago. With Fitbit, the roughly 8-10,000 steps a day I did at work would be credited to MFP as about 2-300 calories of exercise throughout the day.

With Apple Watch I have ~8000 steps showing but no calorie adjustment. In diary settings there is no mention of the Apple adjustment either. Really annoying!

vkry0gmmhi79.png

izaaa84ts875.png
  • hydeaway62
    hydeaway62 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Go in to Healthkit on your iPhone. Then go to sources (it should be at the very bottom of the screen.) You should see MyFitnessPal under apps. Press it. I turn on all Categories, but if you just want steps, go down to the bottom and turn on Steps, Walking + Running Distance and Workouts. I think this will solve your problem.
  • Suusik
    Suusik Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well it works for me nice and adjust calories based on steps like it did for Fitbit
  • mathiar86
    Options
    I have added it in sources multiple times. I've even turned all categories on/off to try and reset it. Reset both apps also. The MFP app doesn't load on my watch either.
    I'm using the newest iOS and Watch OS 3
  • mathiar86
    Options
    I think i sorted it out, maybe.
    I unpaired my Apple Watch from being the step tracker then re added it. It's showing MFP iOS adjusted calories, 201 calories for about 5900 steps which is roughly what I got for Fitbit. We'll see if it continues
  • Suusik
    Suusik Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It did similar in my case as well. I mean I had to re-do it a few times I.e. Add / remove step tracker and eventually it started to work. I consider it like software glitches
  • mathiar86
    Options
    This was working fairly well for me. However here are some issues I've noticed:

1. If I walked 10,000 steps with my Fitbit, I'd earn about 300 calories for the day. When I walk 9000-10,000 steps with AW it gives me back about 60 calories...
    2. I've now started using HeartWatch because it's a much more powerful biometric app. It logs my AW activities in MFP but I noticed now, with 3000 steps, and a 30min workout, I've got -20 calories in my step adjustment...
    I thought AW didn't do negative calories??
  • noosha90
    noosha90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently switched from FITBIT to Apple Watch and have the same issue!! I would burn 300 cals with 10000 steps on FITBIT, but Apple Watch only shows 50 Cals!!!
    I have read the posts but I am still confused how to fix the issue. Can you guys tell me how to fix this?
  • jessica1292017
    jessica1292017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you ever get an answer? I have the same issue. I just got my Apple Watch Sunday and I am getting hardly any calorie adjustment.