Getting back into it

Options
Phoenix_Dawn
Phoenix_Dawn Posts: 64 Member
I started SL in early May and I liked it. I wasn't super consistent but I made it up to 100lb squat, 75 lb bench 55lb ohp and 75lb rows and 135lb dl.

I went on vacation beginning of August and haven't been to the gym since July 31. I feel like I can't motivate myself to get back into the gym. I almost feel nervous about going back. I can't shake the feeling. Maybe it's my ego knowing that I'll have to de load quite a bit to get back into it.

Any words of advice? It's like I have a mental block hindering me from just jumping into it.

Replies

• andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just go. Have you gone yet?
  • Joyjas
    Joyjas Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Read the "lifting made me Supah bulky thread" - reading that always gets me excited about lifting! That being said - I haven't lifted since before Christmas. I did first two phases of New Rules for women and then Christmas and I started working again and lifting was pushed to the side. Just re-read the thread above to try to motivate me and am planning on starting SL next week. Once you go the first time it will be easy to go back - so just do it!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    That's why I lift at home! I don't have to worry about my ego. If you don't have room throw your couch outside! Or, get a Murphy bed!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Any words of advice? It's like I have a mental block hindering me from just jumping into it.

Yes, just go for it, swallow your pride and deload. I did it and I am feeling it now. No regrets and I'm looking forward to working up to that 150lb deadlift again. My son is having his first induction in the gym tomorrow and that was a spur for me!

• Phoenix_Dawn
    Phoenix_Dawn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have gotten back to it slowly, I've gone twice and did the de load. I'm glad I did because even with lower weights it was tough. I wish I had a home gym! If I had the money and space I would be all over that. It's my end goal in our next house. Thanks for the inspiration all!