Anyone doing the workouts but not the containers?

Options
michellefoye
michellefoye Posts: 18 Member
My friend gave me the dvds but I don't have the containers. I've just been eating healthy and counting my calories (between 1200-1300) and I don't feel like I'm losing as much as I should. I'm 2 weeks into the first round and I've lost 4lbs but no inches. What do you think? Is it worth it to get the containers? I feel like there is so much food prep and I'm already making 2 different meals for my picky eater kids and husband.

Replies

• germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @michellefoye it's really not that bad if you have measuring cups at home ..your all set. Yellow is 1/2 cup...red 3/4 cup..purple and green are 1 cup each and ...don't think I ever measures blue but you can Google that.
    I did 2 weeks of a "home made hybrid" version (glade reusable containers from walmart and exercise from you tube- yup you can call me cheap haha)before I decided to invest into the set. For me it works...I am loosing weight right now only using the containers and other types of exercise (plan on starting the DVD again on Monday).
    Check out already made food plans on sites like Pinterest or Google ..lots out there even for picky eaters ...no need to cook twice...maybe adjust or add something for the guys in my house (and they are picky) but why reinvent the wheel? - hope this helps ...and BTW ..congrats on your loss!
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think the blue is 2 oz and the orange is 1 oz
  • mgajmama
    mgajmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Blue is 1/4 cup :-) orange is 2 tbsp
  • ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :D I do the same but also need to begin the workouts again with a vengeance.

I lost 6 pounds the first month I did the workouts while just eating within my calories. I'd like to see if I can do it again, I just have to get up and do the workouts
  • jordon5799
    jordon5799 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can also buy the containers at the store or off Amazon (way cheaper than the program)
  • Amandaemeek8700
    Amandaemeek8700 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did the fix with containers last November and was amazed at the results. However, the containers (depending on what I put in them) tended to leave me above the ideal calorie intake I'd like (1200-1400 as I assume the calories I burn with the workouts are around 200.

Been back at it a week, without containers and just tracking food w MFP, we'll see how it goes. I can already hardly move!

Does anyone have any idea how to track the workouts through MFP? I can't find them.
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to try the workouts but just count my food as usual. From what I hear it's a lot of prep work to do the containers and that just doesn't fit my type of lifestyle right now.
  • HellomynameisMOM
    HellomynameisMOM Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm counting calories with MFP and not using containers, plus am trying the workouts though Day 1 workout was really tough for me.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im restarting again today. Im sure ill be atruggling as well