Fitbit Adventures

Options
clayaj4ch
clayaj4ch Posts: 4 Member
Fitbit has new individual adventures. Follow this link for more information.

https://www.fitbit.com/challenges/adventures

Replies

• mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one today! it's pretty neat
  • Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just set this up to start. Looks like fun.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    cool, thanks.
  • Owlfan88
    Options
    So, I just completed the first adventure and it shows I got 2 gems. It says "next time collect the gems before they expire" so you can finish with a complete set. Does anyone know how to know when you've got a gem to collect or how long before they expire?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Owlfan88 wrote: »
    So, I just completed the first adventure and it shows I got 2 gems. It says "next time collect the gems before they expire" so you can finish with a complete set. Does anyone know how to know when you've got a gem to collect or how long before they expire?

I'm finding this is a problem for me. I go for either a 5 mile walk or a run every morning. I can't collect the gems while on the walk or the run. Not only am I too busy to interact with my phone, but for a lot of the distance, I have no cell service. So, I don't think I'll ever get to collect all the gems.

There is a notification on my phone when there's a new gem to collect, but I have to take my phone out and look at it to notice it.
  • Owlfan88
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    Owlfan88 wrote: »

I'm finding this is a problem for me. I go for either a 5 mile walk or a run every morning. I can't collect the gems while on the walk or the run. Not only am I too busy to interact with my phone, but for a lot of the distance, I have no cell service. So, I don't think I'll ever get to collect all the gems.

There is a notification on my phone when there's a new gem to collect, but I have to take my phone out and look at it to notice it.

I agree. My walk this morning was 3 miles and I evidently got one notification of "something interesting " which was probably a gem. I do have cell service, but I can't be checking my phone every few minutes. Annoying!

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great game to slow down your walk. Seems counter to what Fitbit should be promoting - going faster.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Wow, what a great game to slow down your walk. Seems counter to what Fitbit should be promoting - going faster.

It makes me want to visit Yosemite. I've never been there and the pictures are gorgeous.

I can see how it would motivate some people to move more, but it doesn't really work for me in that way. The health and fitness tips that some of the gems give are trite stuff I already know. The park history tidbits and some of the nature information that I got in other gems were more interesting.
  • Owlfan88
    Options
    I checked once on my walk yesterday and found a gem, but it said I had until midnight to collect. I didn't try waiting though. I've been checking regularly and have seen and collected a bunch of gems. I guess I won't know if I've missed any until I'm done though.

Once I finish this second adventure today, I think I will try redoing the first one and see if I see more of the gems. Or if it will let me see them the next time.