11 weeks postpartum balancing weightloss & keeping milk supply in

Options
I had my son Cameron, 11 weeks ago today! I went from working out 5x a week and eating great to modified bed rest, Leading to a weight gain of 55 lbs. Since, I've lost 25of that within the first 4 weeks& the dang scale hasn't budged since! I've tried to limit my cals less than 2k or cut carbs & both made my supply drop big time.. Advice? What's helping you ladies lose the lbs?

Replies

• jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Are you taking into account that your burn calories from breastfeeding? Also, try eating foods that are known to increase milk supply like oatmeal or Gatorade or take some supplements like fenugreek or mothers milk.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm still finding it a struggle getting the right balance between breast feeding and a calorie deficit sorry and my baby's 6 months. When I was losing 2lb a week I felt absolutely dreadful...but now have only managed 2lb in 2 months but feel much more energetic so sadly think it might be slow slow progress for now for me.Good luck!
  • CorkyBaby666
    CorkyBaby666 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went vegan a little while before babies due date and the weight is coming off really quickly but I also feel really energetic which is mad since I now have 3 under 5years