Sign-ins, September 5

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Hello and for those in the USA, Happy Labor Day holiday today.
    Just a quick note of encouragement. Please try to share enough information about you and/or what you are doing to exercise so that other members can get to know you; learn from you; and hopefully, encourage each other.
    MFP is not set up very well for sharing, so to respond to someone's comments, you can just note their comment within your comments or click "quote' and then add your response.
    Also, you can go to another member's MFP page and click on their MFP name and send them a message.
    Thanks, Rick
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    jw5iuh7pryqh.jpeg

Joined a club a few weeks ago called Trail Dames - hoping for lots more local hikes with them - this one required a set of Teva sandals!! Building up to a rock scaling 10 mile hike they're doing in December! There is a little share for you :) the water was awesome! The hornet nest we'd discovered earlier not so much for those in our group who didn't go around through the woods!
  • bexsh13
    bexsh13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes been really sick the last few days so only managed a 60min walk :smile:
    Yes
    Yes
  • fitgirlintransit
    fitgirlintransit Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    9/5/16
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 50 mins Taebo
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • sal144
    sal144 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes went and tried out a new trail and did a 40 min walk.

• Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Yep - 20 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes weights, 15 minutes hula hoop (that was a requirement for the Hogwarts challenge!), At least another hour touring the Gettysburg battlefield (for those not in the States, this was a major battle area during the American Civil War), and finally an hour circuit jog/walk - I upped it this week to 2 jog songs for every one walking - maybe one day I'll be able to run the whole 4 miles

Yes!

Yes!
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    September 5

Exercise? Yes (set my timer for every 45 min to do 10 min of flights of stairs and push ups.... 61 floors today!!, I even did arms with a large plastic bottles of peanut butter in one hand and Nutella in the other) Hysterical I know! I was at work, Labor Day today so no meetings...time to catch up on my work but that could have meant sitting on my butt for 6 hours straight! Wasn't going to let that happen!

Did I stay within my calories? Yes
    Did I log everything? Tried my best as we had Indian (hard to find some things but did my best)
  • fearlessinmy3rdact
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 90 minutes strength training
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yes! The whole family went walking in the beautiful Town Creek Park in the loveliest village on the Plains, aka Auburn, Alabama (War Eagle!) We walked 1.58 miles and 5,058 steps according to my Fitbit. We had to cut our walk short because of the Mississippi / Florida State game, Go Rebs!!!
    I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics on here because our walking trail is gorgeous! Any tips would be appreciated!
    Yes! We had some awesome Jim & Nick's Carolina Barbeque and yes (!) I did drink a beer all the while staying within my calorie budget! (Happy dance!)
    Yep! I REALLY wanted some banana pudding, but since I splurged and had a Blue Moon draft, I declined.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    9/5
    Yes X 3
    Back from the mountains and soccer tournament tonight so will have better cell coverage and be able to contribute more.
    Hope everyone had a great weekend and is feeling strong!!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Complete rest day, will have to make-up Day 5 of my challenges by skipping the next rest day.!? I think I may have pulled something, will make tomorrow's exercise something light.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, including mom's birthday cake & ice cream!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes -- 50-min push lawn mowing -- 365 cals burned
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? -- Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? -- Yes

I am really liking this challenge. It is keeping me on track!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes -- 50-min push lawn mowing -- 365 cals burned
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? -- Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? -- Yes

I am really liking this challenge. It is keeping me on track!

Thanks, Iam! You help keep us on track too!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    jw5iuh7pryqh.jpeg

Joined a club a few weeks ago called Trail Dames - hoping for lots more local hikes with them - this one required a set of Teva sandals!! Building up to a rock scaling 10 mile hike they're doing in December! There is a little share for you :) the water was awesome! The hornet nest we'd discovered earlier not so much for those in our group who didn't go around through the woods!

Hi Cat,
    You look like you had a great day! Please tell us how you added the photo. I love graphics. Thank you for sharing your photo! You inspire the whole team
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    My Labor Day report:
    Exercise did not turn out as I planned since a daughter and her fiancé showed up. I had to improvise my activity with my farm chores. It's walking; carrying; and lifting. Exercise: ok
    Calories: came in 400 under limit
    Tracking: good
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Complete rest day, will have to make-up Day 5 of my challenges by skipping the next rest day.!? I think I may have pulled something, will make tomorrow's exercise something light.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, including mom's birthday cake & ice cream!

Hi Miami,
    Go light and find an activity that allows you to rest the affected strained area.
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    9/5
    Yes X 3
    Back from the mountains and soccer tournament tonight so will have better cell coverage and be able to contribute more.
    Hope everyone had a great weekend and is feeling strong!!!

Hi Phoebe, Great to have you back!
    Rick
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Thanks @RangerRickL, I'm thinking yoga or swimming - we'll see.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    September 5th
    Can remember what I ate, pretty sure I'm under, but just in case I'll take my 1st pass.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    9/5

Exercise: Yes. Not the full blown workout kinda day but my Fitbit logged 20 mins active time for the day. Today, did lots of walking by shopping.
    Calories: Yes. Not the best foods for the day but under cals.
    Track: Yes.