The Flex 2 and Charge 2

Options

Replies

• sadiepie05
    sadiepie05 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome! I just got the blaze a couple of days ago though.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat interested. I want to see reactions to the new features, but I've been thinking that I might be ready to upgrade my Charge HR as a birthday present to myself next year.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Such a shame. #allwristsmatter
  • Naruya8
    Naruya8 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    They have perfect timing with the release of these new ones. My old activity tracker broke yesterday for a second time (Jawbone UP24) so I'm in the market for a new one. The Charge 2 looks awesome so I'm thinking it's finally time for me to join the Fitbit community!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't have a charge HR. Can someone please explain the difference between it and the charge 2?
  • NancyN795
    Options
    I don't have a charge HR. Can someone please explain the difference between it and the charge 2?

It looks to have a bigger display (longer, not wider) and a removable band. It has some features that Charge HR doesn't have - in some cases I suspect it is partly due to them needing the bigger display and in some cases (such as the "Reminder to move" feature) I suspect it is a marketing choice (i.e. to get people to buy a new device in order to get the feature).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »

It looks to have a bigger display (longer, not wider) and a removable band. It has some features that Charge HR doesn't have - in some cases I suspect it is partly due to them needing the bigger display and in some cases (such as the "Reminder to move" feature) I suspect it is a marketing choice (i.e. to get people to buy a new device in order to get the feature).

Thanks. My Alta has the reminder to move feature, but it only vibrates if you're under 250 steps in the hour, so honestly, doesn't make much of a difference at the end of the day. If i could, i'd choose 500 or 1000 steps, now that would get me off my butt! :lol:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I think the Charge 2 also says something about GPS.
  • NancyN795
    edited September 2016
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I think the GPS is similar to the Blaze - it doesn't have a GPS, so you still need to carry your phone, but can display some GPS dependent information. I'm not very clear on exactly what "Connected GPS" means but the Charge 2 has it and the Charge HR does not.
  • NancyN795
    Options

Thanks. My Alta has the reminder to move feature, but it only vibrates if you're under 250 steps in the hour, so honestly, doesn't make much of a difference at the end of the day. If i could, i'd choose 500 or 1000 steps, now that would get me off my butt! :lol:

I think the idea is that hours of sitting with very little getting up and moving around can be really detrimental even for people who get their "10,000 steps" every day, so the feature is for people like that. Back when I had an office job, it would have been really helpful (although not always achievable - you can't just get up and walk out of a meeting in order to get those 250 steps in). While that doesn't apply to me these days, I can occasionally become so involved in something that I'll lose track of time and not get those hourly steps in, so it's a feature I'd like to have. Even though I don't have it yet, I have taken having the tile on my dashboard as a challenge and, since my Fitbit won't remind me, I just try to hit the next 1000 step mark each hour.
  • Naruya8
    Naruya8 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I think the GPS is similar to the Blaze - it doesn't have a GPS, so you still need to carry your phone, but can display some GPS dependent information. I'm not very clear on exactly what "Connected GPS" means but the Charge 2 has it and the Charge HR does not.

Connected GPS pretty much means that your device (in this case the Charge 2) is connected to your phone and borrows the GPS to display certain information (like pace, distance etc)
  • 747usmc
    747usmc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new here. But I have almost every type of Fitbit. I just ordered this device. Presently have an Alta but I miss the HR function. So I ordered and I just got an email that it is on the way. We will see.
  • louise5779
    louise5779 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've had my charge HR for almost a year. I will difinately be upgrading to the charge HR 2. Counting down the weeks but I have fallen in love with the limited edition lavender and rose <3 which isn't released until November. Don't think I can wait and might have to just get the normal one.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've just upgraded to a surge. I loved my charge but the surge seems to be a more all around for people who are into fitness.
    Anyone wiling to share experiences with be surge?
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oh and about the charge 2 it's replacing the current charge hr that will stop being produced. I think they're just introducing a new style more in time and theme with be Alta.. It's pretty but I think it's quite basic.
    It kinda pisses me off having features for different devices. Breathing and reminded to move now is only exclusive to certain devices.
  • louise5779
    Options
    andyluvv wrote: »
    I've just upgraded to a surge. I loved my charge but the surge seems to be a more all around for people who are into fitness.
    Anyone wiling to share experiences with be surge?

I would like a tracker more into fitness like the surge or blaze but I don't want a big watch type tracker. I already have a stunning omega watch one one wrist and don't want a sports watch on the other.

Would you say there's a lot of difference between the the charge and surge function wise?
  • jessi1199
    jessi1199 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the blaze...it seems like the charge hr 2 has all the Blaze features in a different design. It almost feels like they are getting too many different products out, but I guess it makes sense if they are going stop producing the original flex and charge hr. I still don't get why we can get a fully functional tracker that is waterproof.
  • tinaramsey1975
    tinaramsey1975 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the charge 2, love it!!
  • louise5779
    Options
    I've ordered my charge HR 2 just waiting for it to arrive. It said back order 3-5 days. It's now been three whole days. I've sold my old charge HR on eBay so have to disconnect, erease data and send off today. I'm lost with out my Fitbit. it's going to be hard to wait the next couple of days for my new one. Better get here quick.