Body Beast on a caloric deficit?

Options
Hi ladies! Has anyone ever done Body Beast on a caloric deficit? If so, would you be willing to share your story and results with us? Thank you!

Replies

• DebraBenefield
    DebraBenefield Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It does not work! I have been on a caloric deficit for 6 weeks now, my body has plateau. I am still weighing the same and I work out 5 days a week, 4 in the gym.
  • SlickMorrison
    SlickMorrison Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you finding yourself getting stronger? Do you see any changes in your measurements?
  • SlickMorrison
    SlickMorrison Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also, just curious, are you also drinking Shakeology?
  • AMSchreiner
    AMSchreiner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just changed my intake to a deficit ... I've been plateaued before I started BB two weeks ago (after losing 38 lbs!)
  • AMSchreiner
    AMSchreiner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aaaand now my calories are at maintenance because I'm growing a micro-Beast! 6 weeks pregnant!
  • crystinal
    crystinal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also was doing calorie deficit and it didn't work at all, I gained 9lbs in the first couple weeks, but I kept going. By week 5, I had finally lost the 9lbs, but I started noticing I was feeling weaker and weaker instead is stronger and was struggling to finish the sets on the workouts.

I spoke to a friend who is a weight lifter and she said the deficit was causing my weakness. So on her advice, I bumped my calories up and matched my macros to the bulk phase 25f 50c 25p and now am on week 7.

The good news is that I am much stronger, able to finish every set, as long as I maintain a meal/snack of 20g protein and 40g carbs before and after workouts. I am seeing my body shrink and am fitting better in my clothes. The news I'm not super happy with is that I've only lost 2lbs since week 5, and my measurements aren't dramatically decreasing, an inch or two lost here and there since the very beginning.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but I'm going to keep going and in the next phase of beast/shred, hopefully I'll see more weight loss and results on my measurements.

Any tips for me???