September 1st Weigh-in (Sept 1st - Sept 7th)

Options
Brittles927
Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
The weight loss results for September 1st can be submitted between September 1st and September 7th.

Please copy and paste the following into a new message and fill in your information:

SW:
CW:
GW:

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

SW: 27 January 16 224lbs
    CW: 23 March 16 213lbs
    GW: 1 sept 16 169lbs

I think I'll get to 185lbs though as I lose slow

• s_kelaris
    s_kelaris Posts: 7 Member
    Options

SW:258
    CW:236
    GW:170
    I would just like to get under 200 tbh!
  • aminat
    aminat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    SW: 229
    CW:222
    GW: 150
  • Brittles927
    Options
    Hey guys, just a reminder, this thread is for your weigh-in results the week of Sept 1st :)
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    SW 192
    GW for this challenge 137

2/29:192
    3/25: 182
    4/29: 170
    5/27: 162
    6/24: 154.4
    7/1: 149.2
    7/8: 148.6
    7/15 147
    7/22 145
    7/29 143.2
    8/5 142.6
    8/12 140.8
    8/19 139.8
    8/26 137.6
    9/1 137

Woo hoo! Mission accomplished!!

This was my third attempt at losing weight and I hope I can make this my last.

It's been a very long, and very tough 6 plus months. Too long. And almost numbing. I really had to be disciplined to get through this. But I can't complain now.

I've started my maintenance mode now. Basically, I'm working out the same as before, but I'm consuming increased calories and carbs (for fuel for working out) (I've been working out 5-7 days/weeks, so I hope I can keep that up). I'm going to strength train from now on, to keep my metabolism going, and will consume proteins (I've cut way, waaay back since March/February).

Thanks for this awesome challenge. I'm praying I keep the weight off. Losing weight too quickly is an almost guaranteed way of putting it back on - So I'm going to keep on logging in (religiously) and using my fitbit to track calories burned & monitor activity levels.

I would really love to friend anyone of you in this challenge on Fitbit - My profile is at https://www.fitbit.com/user/4Q9WRZ -- Just send me a friend request through there -- Or friend me here on MFP.

THANK YOU AND HAVE A WONDERFUL FALL & HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!

*HUGS*
  • Brittles927
    Options
    SW Feb: 235lbs
    SW 3/19: 226
    GW Sept 1: 190lbs

3/25: 223
    4/29: 217
    5/27: 212.6
    6/24: 209
    7/28: 205
    8/5: 204
    8/12: 202
    8/19: 202
    8/26: 206
    9/2: 205

So I did not meet my goal this challenge but I am super happy with my results regardless! It's been an interesting journey, it's going slow but it's going, and I can't complain.

I'm so proud of each and every one of you who participated and lost weight. Losing weight is definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done, and I've endured a 46 hour labor without medication hahaha.

I hope you all know just how much it means to me that you participated, encouraged, and succeeded. Congratulations again @joannemonette1 & @rickc74 for completing the challenge, you guys are such an inspiration!

I'm going to send you a fitbit request @joannemonette1 :)

Please feel free to add my on MFP if you haven't already! Looking forward to seeing everyone's continued success! :)
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »

So I did not meet my goal this challenge but I am super happy with my results regardless! It's been an interesting journey, it's going slow but it's going, and I can't complain.

I'm so proud of each and every one of you who participated and lost weight. Losing weight is definitely one of the hardest things I've ever done, and I've endured a 46 hour labor without medication hahaha.

I hope you all know just how much it means to me that you participated, encouraged, and succeeded. Congratulations again @joannemonette1 & @rickc74 for completing the challenge, you guys are such an inspiration!

Please feel free to add my on MFP if you haven't already! Looking forward to seeing everyone's continued success! :)

Thank you! I personally, I think you are doing a fantastic job. Speaking from experience, going slower is soooo MUCH BETTER than trying to lose 2 lbs a week. I think the only reason why it even worked this time for me is because of all my previous failed attempts -- and I'm going to work very hard to keep that weight off. The common problem with losing weight too fast is that your body immediately wants to put it all back on - and that's a huge fear for me.

If you lose it slowly, your body adjusts and plateaus more easily -- and it makes it harder to re-gain your old weight. So, you only have more reason to know you will get to your 55 mark just fine. Don't set a date -- just get there - even if it feels like forever and a day.

My husband has been working at losing weight, and I keep telling him the same thing I'm telling everyone else - SLOW AND STEADY GETS THE JOB DONE - AND IT ENDS UP BEING BETTER THAT WAY IN THE END.

*HUGS*
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    7uu52bye3xyi.jpeg

Good work, everyone! It's been a great few months. Having this group really helped me stay on track. It was great sharing this journey with everyone. I'm really happy for you, and your progress :). Onward and upward from here.
    Will this group stay around, or get closed? I look forward to continuing to post, and keep each other updated on our progress, if everyone else does.
  • Brittles927
    Options
    britnaii22 wrote: »

Thank you! I personally, I think you are doing a fantastic job. Speaking from experience, going slower is soooo MUCH BETTER than trying to lose 2 lbs a week. I think the only reason why it even worked this time for me is because of all my previous failed attempts -- and I'm going to work very hard to keep that weight off. The common problem with losing weight too fast is that your body immediately wants to put it all back on - and that's a huge fear for me.

If you lose it slowly, your body adjusts and plateaus more easily -- and it makes it harder to re-gain your old weight. So, you only have more reason to know you will get to your 55 mark just fine. Don't set a date -- just get there - even if it feels like forever and a day.

My husband has been working at losing weight, and I keep telling him the same thing I'm telling everyone else - SLOW AND STEADY GETS THE JOB DONE - AND IT ENDS UP BEING BETTER THAT WAY IN THE END.

*HUGS*

Thanks! Losing weight over a longer period of time may be good in the long run but on the other hand I am SO impatient hahaha, it makes it difficult for me to stay focused when I don't see results right away. But I will keep plugging away, every time I have a goal date set it stresses me out so I'm not going to set one, just going to do it :D That's awesome about your husband! He definitely should have some good inspiration just by seeing your results :)
  • Brittles927
    Options
    rickc74 wrote: »
    7uu52bye3xyi.jpeg

Good work, everyone! It's been a great few months. Having this group really helped me stay on track. It was great sharing this journey with everyone. I'm really happy for you, and your progress :). Onward and upward from here.
    Will this group stay around, or get closed? I look forward to continuing to post, and keep each other updated on our progress, if everyone else does.

So glad to have you be a part of this!
    I'm not planning on closing the group, there are still plenty of good tips & motivational posts that I think everyone should be able to see :)

I will continue to post here if you guys continue to as well!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bokal
    SW 209
    SW this challenge 183.4
    Current weight 150.8
    Goal 139

Thank you!!!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options