5x5 Weight Training

Options
Sorry if already posted...new to group

Anybody else follow a 5x5 Weight Training regime? i only do it once a week the rest of my week is filled up with muscular endurance,kickboxing etc but its helped my overall game a lot especially in MMA training.i feel i have a lot more explosive strength and i feel a lot stronger when wrestling.On a Monday i do

5x5 Deadlift
5x5 Flat Bench Press
5x5 Barbell Row
5x5 Military Press

If you follow it whats your routine? do you feel it helps?

Replies

• TFarkas18
    TFarkas18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing the actual Stronglifts 5x5 program since November with a few weeks off in there and it has been great. Feel very strong. Making good progress. It seems pretty intimidating at first, but once you get going it is good. Getting to heavier weights is very motivating.

Good luck
  • climberpilot
    climberpilot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So are you seeing progress with your lifting? I just started the 5x5 last week and am still trying to figure out which weights I should use.
  • Depictureboy
    Depictureboy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So are you seeing progress with your lifting? I just started the 5x5 last week and am still trying to figure out which weights I should use.

if you are following Stronglifts, its pretty easy. If you have never lifted, or just screwed around in the gym until now doing silly body builder splits, you start with the bar on squat, bench and press, 65 on row, and 95 on Deads. Work on your form while its light. Lift like its heavy, brace, stay tight. then when it gets heavy you'll be ready. And it will get heavy fast.
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the 5x5 but I have got better results from Westside Barbell methods.