NSV: Out of Super Obese range to Obese range

Options
It is nice to finally be out of the super obese range my body fat was 47% now I am in the obese range of 38.6% yay! It feels great!! I've got a ways to go yet but I will get there and I can't wait to be in the overweight range and then the normal range so go me!!

Replies

• diannemcal
    diannemcal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful . How much weight did you lose ? Congratulations. I am not sure what my body fat is ... I am sure it is well into the Super obese Zone at 234 and 5 foot 5!
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! A great achievement!

@Diannemcal- there are many BMI charts that definitely vary depending on your height. I am 5'8 and technically obese which sounds so bad! 196 is the magic number out of obese range for my height.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    diannemcal wrote: »
    That's wonderful . How much weight did you lose ? Congratulations. I am not sure what my body fat is ... I am sure it is well into the Super obese Zone at 234 and 5 foot 5!

I have lost so far 56lbs. I started at 280 and was in the super obese category so now at 5"4' I am in the obese category!
    I think you are in the 39% category you only have a few pounds to go. i think 227lbs was in the obese category cutoff for me. I am now 38% body fat down from 47.5% last year.
  • 120poundstogo
    Options

I took the liberty of calculating your BMI and it was 38.5% mine was 38.5%. I think 20% is normal 25% is overweight and anything 30% or over is obese and super obese. So you're on the right road!!
  • 120poundstogo
    Options

I took the liberty of calculating your BMI and it was 38.5% mine was 38.5%. I think 20% is normal 25% is overweight and anything 30% or over is obese and super obese. So you're on the right road!!

Whoops I meant that yours was at 38.9% not 38.5%!!