Sign-ins, September 11

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Good Sunday to you!
    Many of you are making me laugh. @Intrinsicat pointed out my 'loose language' in that I did not carefully define that our 'exercise outputs' are to be tracked, not our outputs. Thanks, Cat!
    In other news, some of you are doing lots of strength exercises and getting no calorie burn credit. Here is a way to fix that. You can create your own exercises with their own calorie/minute credit. I do exercises that do not show up on the standard list of MFP Cardio Exercise/Calories/Minute. The way that I solve that problem is to use a heart monitor and actually measure my calorie-output (see Cat, I am being careful). I recommend that you consider buying an inexpensive Polar Watch/heart monitor. You can then add your non-traditional exercises into MFP cardio
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Pass #2

Even though I've been exercising (today I mowed lawn), I was starving and went over. I am having company coming in a couple Saturday's for the day, and that will be my third pass.

I don't want anyone to think I'm a defeatest, but I'm going to drop out of this month's challenge. It has been a hard but enjoyable challenge.

Kudos to everyone continuing!!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • jtkatch
    jtkatch Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    September 11,2016

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes (circuit training 45min + 45 min walk)

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes (under)

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes !!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @lamlam2013 don't give up on us if you know you are going to be out calorie wise just try for the other 2 or even one. I know the one month when my Dr. said no exercise and I didn't stay in it was all so hard to stay accountable. Plus I have a friend who when she knows is going to have a party saves her calories all week like a checkbook leaves 200 calories a day and then blows the extra 1000 calories on a party. Everything is doable please consider staying around :)

9/11
    yes/yes/yes
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    73 minutes walking + 30 Day Challenges

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Today was yummy. Hubby grilled leftover burgers & chorizo from his tailgate yesterday at the UM game. It's been so long since I had a burger & sausage - IT WAS DELICIOUS!
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes an hour jog / walk around the lake at 4 mph, 2 hours walking a wine fest (if that even counts ha!) and 30 min yoga
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes just barely! It was tough as I spent the day at a wine and music festival, but stayed away from the food vendors. We still ate out that night and got dessert but I had the petite steak and zucchini and salad and one scoop of ice cream, and managed to keep the food splurge within the green!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, quite difficult when doing wine tasting but still managed to do it!

Ps @RangerRickL thanks for the information on logging strength training calorie burn, that will definitely help!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I had a great weekend with my 8 year old grandson, Evan! This was the weekend that I had the privilege to teach him to shoot a BB gun, and then a .22 rifle. We had perfect weather today, so a wonderful day to be a grand-dad.
    Calories: Ok
    Tracking: Ok
    Exercise: Ok.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I have just woke up with my IPad beside me. I worked 12 hour shifts at the hospital all weekend. Arg!
    Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? Yes. We were busy so it was hard to leave my unit to get good walks in, but I managed to get 8,978 steps.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget? Yes.
    Did I track everything I ate? Yes. Even the carb smart ice cream.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I spent 4 hours walking at the flea market. So casual stroll, but still a lot of walking. Ended up with a little under 20k steps.

I logged everything, and was under calories. :)
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    9/11
    Yes- soccer X 30 min, strength train X 45
    Yes
    Yes
  • bexsh13
    bexsh13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 25 min walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes just about
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes :D
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, cleaned for 2+ hrs.
    Calories: Yes
    Log: Yes