09/14 Wednesday Day 478

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Morning, Everyone! One of the easiest ways to eat to much is to eat while you are distracted. Whether you are watching TV ot texting on your phone, it's easy to focus more on that and not on the fullness that you would normally get from just focusing on your food. So today let's give this a try.

Today's Challenge: Eat 1 meal or snack without any digital distractions: Turn off the TV, computer, and phone.

Replies

• betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm having my son over for supper, and I'll make sure that I do this at that meal!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Great idea, Auna. Being more mindful and less distracted when we eat can lead to greater mindfulness and awareness in other parts of our lives. I'm in!
  • motivatedeeat74
    motivatedeeat74 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    very good as I am so guilty of this that it will be a challenge!!!! Thanks
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am so bad that when I read, I want to eat. I will start with dinner too.
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did it- actually my husband and I had fun talking to each other over a great meal of stir fried pork and veggies.
  • darvit207
    darvit207 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Done!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,983 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I try to have a device-free breakfast with my husband because after that the day gets crazy.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,983 Member
    Options
    Did you hear that to encourage people to unplug, Chick-fil-A has an special offer? If you put all phones in a little box on your table you get a free desert. Not a particularly great way to improve overall health, but I like the idea.