Belly Bandit/Belly supports

lesleykc
lesleykc Posts: 25 Member
I'm having my second c section soon and I am going to use a Belly Bandit for support this time. I didn't use an abdominal support last time (2 years ago) and although I healed fine, I was left with a bit of the dreaded "bump" above my incision line. Anyone else use a belly wrap and have positives or negatives?

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    I haven't used a wrap but also have the bump. I didn't have a section either so maybe it's a general post baby thing. Lucky us! Good luck and let us know if it helps you xx
  • FitGirlNai
    FitGirlNai Posts: 9 Member
    I'm using it now . I had a csection August 10th. I've been using it for 2 days. It helps with the pain and my waist seems less bloated already. My lower belly is still bloated I think the uterus is still shrinking down. I would recommend going to babies R us or Buybuybaby to try it on first depending on your shape it.
  • lesleykc
    I bought a Belly Bandit online @NaiNai2045, they have a pretty good size calculator. I'm just wanting some support as I didn't even realize it was a thing for my last c section! No one even mentioned it to me. And holding a pillow over your tummy as a support when you sneeze or cough or even breathe was pretty terrible advice the first time around
  • lesleykc
    So I'm 3 weeks postpartum and have been wearing my Belly Bandit frequently, probably every day working from 1 hour to 6 hours. I very much recommend it!! It helps keep my posture in check, gave my wobbly tummy some much needed holding together and seemed to help the swelling go down faster than my last c-section. The sizing of the band I bought worked perfectly. It went from not closing the first few days to easily closing more than halfway. For me, every little bit helps after baby, so I'm pretty happy I gave it a go!