30, gay and changing my life!

Options
mattrcvt09
mattrcvt09 Posts: 13 Member
Hi guys! New to the group. Wanted to say hello and leave a small intro.

Turned 30 in December. Decided it was time to change my life. Lost 40+ pounds, went from a size 40 waist to a 34! Still have work to do, still not happy with my body image! But working on it and happy with my progress. I run in local state forests, bought a Bowflex and am eating right. No supplements, mainly raw fruits and veggies with lean proteins. In another 40 pounds or so I'll be a happy camper and will be down to my smallest weight in over 15 years! That's half of my life. Hoping my this December I'll have reached my goal or be close enough to celebrate. Hope everyone is having successful and happy weight loss goals and fitness progress as well.

Feel free to add and say hello!

Replies

• Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 40+ loss!
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress. Its brilliant to hear other people having great success as well. I've lost about 40kg of fat, and put on some muscle, and gone from a 46" waist to a 32" waist in the last 15 or so months. It's a great feeling, and you've got every reason to be pleased and proud. I'm sure you'll get to your goals - and I bet you end up with even more goals once you get there ;)
  • mattrcvt09
    mattrcvt09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! Definitely a great feeling of self pride and the reward is what's at the end. Happy health and success to all of us on the journey to better our health and lives! The best feelings is doing more than you imagined you could!
  • caf2422
    caf2422 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I added you as a friend!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    mattrcvt09 wrote: »
    Hi guys! New to the group. Wanted to say hello and leave a small intro.

Turned 30 in December. Decided it was time to change my life. Lost 40+ pounds, went from a size 40 waist to a 34! Still have work to do, still not happy with my body image! But working on it and happy with my progress. I run in local state forests, bought a Bowflex and am eating right. No supplements, mainly raw fruits and veggies with lean proteins. In another 40 pounds or so I'll be a happy camper and will be down to my smallest weight in over 15 years! That's half of my life. Hoping my this December I'll have reached my goal or be close enough to celebrate. Hope everyone is having successful and happy weight loss goals and fitness progress as well.

Feel free to add and say hello!

Youre doing a great job!
  • acushhh
    acushhh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt!! That's amazing!! I just turned 30 in July and came to the same realization! Ready for a change!! I can't wait to hit 40lb loss! Just started this week! You're inspiring. :)
  • LaurensE1
    LaurensE1 Posts: 196 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well done! Welcome here and I added you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.