Daily Meals

Options
I would love to hear what you actually eat daily. I often wonder if I am eating too much, or not enough, or the right things, etc.
I was sleeved June 13, 2016 and I am down 44 lbs. My goal is to lose another 50 lbs or so.
Breakfast: Typically a protein shake, if not, an egg with cheese
Lunch: lunch meat and cheese - prob around 3 - 4 oz total
Snack - parmesan whisps (cheese crackers) or some cheese
Dinner: either chicken or beef of some sort with fixings, like cheese and sour cream for a taco salad.

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I found the best way to find meal ideas is to have a good stable of friends at all stages of the process and look at their diaries. You can watch people near your timing's diary as well as travel back in time and look at others' diaries when they were at your stage.

You also get a real look at the daily repetition that is usual in the first few months post-op. I certainly settled into a routine that worked for me post surgery.

I'm not logging consistently (need to get back there), but you are free to add me and look back in late 2014.

Rob
  • Momof3inBama
    Momof3inBama Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you Rob! I will do that! Great idea!
  • carpe_vinum
    carpe_vinum Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Please take a look; I would love feedback!
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me read my diary
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It sounds like we must have started around the same weight because I have about the same weight loss so far (45 pounds) and the same goals (would like to lose 80 - 90 pounds total). I had my VSG in Dec 2015, SW 220 and my GW is 140 (I am 5'3" and 45). I have a stretch goal of 130 but I would be happy at 140! Unfortunately I have been in a stall for the past few months, I keep losing and gaining the same 3-4 pounds for the past few months but I know it is my own fault - I let carbs, sugar, and what not back into my diet. I also stopped listening to my stomach and overeat. So definitely avoid those things as long as you can! I am actually doing the 5DPT (5-day Pouch Test) now. It is not really a test (I know my sleeve works) but more of a mental and physical "reset" for me. I am hoping it will help me get back to basics, detox from sugar and carbs! Feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends.

Your daily intake sounds about right for 3-4 months out, I was eating very similarly then (look at my diary around March 2016). I don't know what your specific plan says (everyone's seems to be different), but at this point I was adding some vegetables and fruit back in, small bits of carbs like potatoes, rice, etc. just to make meals with family easier. But I ate similar amounts at that stage - protein powder in my morning coffee, a 1 egg omelet or a yogurt for breakfast, 2 slices of deli turkey/chicken and a slice of cheese for lunch, maybe a handful of grapes or some cottage cheese as a snack in the afternoon, and then 3-4 oz protein and a vegetable for dinner. I really got off protein shakes by month 4, I personally just got sick of them. Sometimes I would have Premier shake or make a protein smoothie, eat 1/2 a protein bar, etc. I kept my calories between 900 - 1100 and then around 6 months I upped it to 1200. I still shoot for 1200 calories a day now.