Post ride routines.

Options
Another rider friend of mine mentioned her post ride routine. Take off shoes, get into flip flops, remove jersey and chill.

I thought about what my post ride routine is. I remove my HRM, take off shoes and log my ride on Strava.

What is your typical post ride routine?

Replies

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My Garmin syncs through the phone to Garmin Connect, which is then set to push data out to Strava and TrainingPeaks. So, I get off the bike, swap to sandals, and get out of wet kit into dry clothes. That's priority 1. Get a little recovery nutrition in, then if I'm home I'll sit down in front of the computer and review data, name rides, add notes for the coach, etc. on Strava and Training Peaks. If I'm at a race it's usually hang out and swap lies with my buddies for a while before heading home.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I shed the shoes, shorts, jersey, etc. and wrap a pre-shower towel around me, grab my protein drink or chocolate milk for recovery, have a seat to sync my Garmin and upload to Strava. The towel serves as a reminder not to get sucked in at the PC because I am a sweaty, salty mess.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Pretty much same as most above - I'm generally organised enough that I leave a dressing gown on the coathooks in the bikecave - so, walk into the house, lose the shoes, empty pockets, remove kit, put kit in washing machine (it's either sweaty and horrible, or wet, muddy and horrible depending on the weather) don the dressing gown and set the washer going. Turn on the Espresso Machine to start pre-heating and get up to speed. Then Depending if its summer or winter I either make a recovery smoothie (frozen bananas and mango's in freezer, fruit juice from a carton, handful of spinach, spoon of PB, half spoon of shredded coconut is a fave) or put the pan of soup on the hob to warm. Make a sandwich, and wander upstairs to quickly look at the stats on my computer from the ride while I refuel. Sandwich/Soup/Smoothie finished, grab a shower, dry and dress, then back downstairs to run off a good coffee and back upstairs for a detailed look at what the ride entailed...

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    As above really.

Park the bike, shoes off, stretch calves/quads etc. sit about until I've cooled down and stopped sweating (no point going for a shower straight away, as I continue to sweat when I come out otherwise :s ) Strip the kit off & dive in the shower... Don dry 'comfies' and relax [Ahhhhhh!]
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

If it's a decent ride, so greater then 50km I tend to do this these days:

Kiss Adrienne, I always find this amusing while covered in sweat and grease, her expression is usually a combination of disgust and horror.

Strip down to give the neighbours a good show, stick cycling clothes in the washing machine, prep some recovery food and milk.

Collapse on the settee and upload my ride.

Zip my legs into a leg compression/massaging system called the 'Recovery Boots' for an hour on high intensity, trust me this is just bliss after a good leg shredding session, while that's doing the work I'll stuff my face with some tortellini meat stuffed pasta & a glass of milk while ideally watching some cycle event on TV and check those lovely stats on Strava/CycLeagues :).

Grab a shower

Get my PJs on & have a nice power nap.

Check the bike over, tune and clean so it's in good shape for the next days ride.

• suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bath. I just love a bath after a ride.