I'm calling this recovery day 1

Options
tbeavers19
tbeavers19 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
I worked a 3rd shift last night and I didn't get off work til about 6:45am. I'd love to say I was motivated enough to go on a walk before going home but that isn't the case. So, I downloadee the mapmywalk app and I'm trying to make myself feel more accountable for the decisions I make about exercise. Anyway, have a good day! Stay recovered, my friends.

Replies

• mandi734
    mandi734 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been in recovery from anorexia and then bulimia so, I understand the extreme struggles you have been through. I would love to work together and maybe we can help each other through recovery into a healthy realistic lifestyle.
    -Mandi
    Stay Strong
  • kris_levine
    kris_levine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have had "eating in secret" binge problems since I was little and did not realize how bad it can take a toll over the years and be so controlling on my life! Lately all i think about is food! Today i really messed up and ate 7 'Take 5' bars today and my calories for the day is over 2,000! Right now i have a temporary goal of 1,200.
    My focus is absorbed with food then guilt, my focus should be on God!
    I have had 2 miscarriages and believe it is due to my bad health and eating habits. I weigh 180lbs and am 6' tall.
    Starting over tomorrow, and God is my focus and He can forgive....I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me!

In Christ,
    -Kris
  • nogivingupnow
    nogivingupnow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I'm currently trying to recover from Bulimia which I've had for over 10 years. I have tried so many times to recover on my own and it hasn't worked. I hate the misconception that eating disorder means stick thin and bones. Most bulimics are normal or overweight, Binge eaters (which many don't even consider to be an Eating Disorder) are generally Normal-Obese. Size doesn't matter in the case of eating disorders, it's all about how it effects you mentally and emotionally. I totally empathize with you.

• jojo5451
    jojo5451 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with BED 2 weeks ago. I am 57 and have suffered with this disease for decades and never had the diagnosis or proper treatment. With God's help and that of a Counsler and dietician and this new found group, I can be in recovery one day. I am 5'4" and currently weigh 251. My weight has been anywhere up to 406. I have done all the diets, programs and surgeries out there and for the first time I feel like this is not my fault. This is a disease. If there is an interest in working together I would love to be friends. This is my first post so not sure how this is done. Thanks for your ear... well eyes..lol
  • Emj30135
    Emj30135 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me on here, please do. This is a disorder we do not need to go through alone. I'm the only one of my friends and family (that I know of) who has this problem. I just recently realized that "Binge eating Disorder" is what I have. I am trying really hard to eat healthy and not overeat, but I would love the support of someone who knows what I am going through! With God's help and support, I know I can do this!
  • Meh2Milf
    Meh2Milf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just found out I have BED yesterday. I also have PCOS. It has been a roller coaster for me the past few years. I gained weight, lost 50lbs (developing a obsessive need for control of food/exercise in the process), maintained my weight loss for two years, gained a little back after getting married, and gained more on hormones trying to get pregnant. I gained a healthy 20lbs pregnant up until the last 3 months when I gained an additional 50! In only 2 years I've gone from 114 to 214 at my son's birth now I'm 175 at only 5'1". Classified as obese. I'm nursing so I can't diet like I want to. So I binge every night uncontrollably after my son goes to bed. Food addiction affects most of the women in my family and I am so ashamed I have became one of them. I'm hoping my recovery will begin in the next few days when my nutrition is figured out. I hate being this way I want to be healthy and happy for my son and my husband.
  • miss7b
    miss7b Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have suffered with eating in secret and hiding food since I was a small child. Yo-yo dieting all my life with several bouts of bulimia thrown in. I seem to have no control when it comes to food. I have never been officially been diagnosed with BED (I am beginning to think my doctor doesn't believe it is a thing) but after 3 stressful years I have eaten myself into Type 2 diabetes. I am 5'4" and weigh the most I have ever, 295 pounds. (Gasp) I always think that tomorrow will be better but it is beginning to look like that's not going to happen.
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just checking in- how are you all doing??? Add me if you like. I'm in recovery- getting stronger every week- def not a straight line, many slips in the process, but I'm doing it! Love to support anyone who needs it- I know I always do!
  • kms263
    kms263 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday (junk food spiral and food hangover this morning) but I read on here once that you should take your bad day and use it to fuel your work out the next day - so I'm just out of an hour long gym class today and feeling great! It's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get back up that matter!
  • missymuffet
    missymuffet Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still in this group currently?? I need help and support from people who understand binge disorder I’m having a relapse and have gained back about half what I lost. 😵‍💫