New Daily Check-In

Options
mweckler
mweckler Posts: 623 Member
Hello all, so lately I have been under a lot more stress than normal, as my work location is short 3 staff member, so I am pulling double duty as cook/chef/manager. On top of the money issues at home, and trying to get my son's ADHD medication dialed in on top of getting is autism things sorted out, plus school starting for me on top of work, and everything else. Ah yes then there is my arm. I had tennis elbow from 5.5 years ago, I let if go untreated for a year and a half, then had surgery on it 3 years ago. Well since February I have been doing more and then over the summer with my sewer digging project I have re injured the elbow, but now it is worse from having scar tissue built up, inflamed ligaments pressing on nerves to cause finger numbness as well as a flaming electric shock pain down my arm, also I have atrophied muscle which causes fatigue when I use my arm for more than a few minutes. Did I mention I am a chef? Which means I get to have surgery again on it YAY!!! So it looks like the day before Christmas Eve I will be having surgery again and using winter break to recover so I can drive and be on a restricted work schedule for a couple months after. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
For those of you that are new I started taking Vyvanse last February to help with my ADD and Binge Eating Disorder and it was helping once I got the dose figured out. Well since going back to work and starting my day at 5am the medicine is not lasting as long as I needed it to. So we added Adderall to my diet in the morning then the Vyvanse at like 9 am or so. So trying to balance it all out is turning to be a little overwhelming.

Replies

• daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello! It's been pretty quiet on here but I'm glad to see you've checked in. Sorry about your elbow. I'm not doing so great in terms of eating rn. The switch from working 60 hours a week over the summer t working 30+ while going to class was pretty rough. I'm getting about 5 hours of sleep a night which certainly isn't helping. I signed up for an October marathon but I've already pulled out due to lack of proper training (including weight control...)
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My arm is getting more fun each day, I just found out I have radial nerve tunneling as well. Friday when I was at work I thought my tendon severed itself, because for 2 hours my arm felt like it had flaming electricity shooting from my elbow to my middle finger.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Sounds rough. Seems life is one headache after another merging into an unending battle. The alternative is death which will come of it's own accord to us all anyway. Have to get on with life and cling hard to the good bits.

My bipolar hit a big low over summer. When my mood crashes the binge eating disorder flares up accordingly. I gained 42lb in 10 weeks almost entirely undoing the rest of the years efforts. I reached my lowest point that my mood goes to where I seriously consider expediting my exit from this life. I realised that the thing most driving that thought was that I can not cope with my size. Bipolar is very challenging to live with but my eating disorder and the consequences of it are worse than the bipolar even though the two are linked for me. I was staring death in the face because of binge eating disorder. I considered my options and was forced to truly except the gravity of my food addiction.

I have been in 12 step recovery before for food addiction and I know their program is not for me but I do need to retain some of what I know to be true. I am an addict just as much as a heroin addict or an alcoholic is and my addiction will lead to my life being in ruins and death following a painful deterioration as I lose myself more and more to addiction. I have had enough. My trigger foods are now being regarded as the deadly poison that they are to me. My bathroom scales are also being regarded as highly dangerous, something only a doctor should wield. My food on the other hand does require scales and measuring. I am now weighing and measuring my foods and following a balanced healthy diet with enough wriggle room to be realistic but not enough to poison myself. It is so liberating not to have to think about food constantly. I have a clear written food plan and that is the end of it.

Accountability to myself leaves no one to rebel against and no one to blame for not saving me. Self accountability empowers me to get on with saving myself. My heart is then free to be more available to others instead of being busy being disappointed by unfulfilled expectations of what I want others to do for me. I am my saviour. Anyone else's contribution to my well being is bonus material.
  • FreeVeg
    FreeVeg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Unfortunately I have fallen off wagon completely. But now trying to get back on track and slowly slowly reduce my food intake and control my urges. Have gained weight, but trying to stay cool about it as main thing is still working on the general problem. weight gain is just a symptom I would say. Life has not gotten any easier. Pressure and stress is high! Have completed my nutrition certificate and looking to further my studies!
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I stayed on track today, not magically slim yet but I feel good for eating healthy. :)
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Very quiet in here so I am moving over to more active group
    Binge eaters support group
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/726-binge-eating-support-group